ICS Africa WK Project Officer Water Job in Teso North Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Mar 24, 2014
Function: Project Officer Water, WK
Reports to: Programme Manager, WK
Summary: The Project Officer will ensure that water and hygiene project is implemented effectively and in a timely fashion professionally, and in accordance with the culture and practices of the local population in Teso North, specifically regions in Amagoro and Malaba.
Research and Advice
- Analyze research/study results and advice ICS management on the implementation of findings;
- Advising ICS management on total water, sanitation and hygiene aspects in broad coordination with other programmes;
- Ensure proper integration of knowledge and best practices around water marketing in rural context from other countries (health, legal aspects, technical, social).
- Develop a scaling up strategy for sustainable sanitation and hygiene in Kenya in cooperation with relevant actors in the field;
- Contribute knowledge and ideas to develop inclusive approaches and solutions, addressing the needs of different groups;
- Identify potential funding opportunities in cooperation with the programme manager and programme officer.
- Ensuring quality and integrity of implementation, including adherence to technical guidelines, administrative systems, and established ICS water programme principles;
- Evaluating the relevance and appropriateness of current and future programming in relation to water, sanitation and hygiene promotion in the local context;
- Deliver effective development results and ensure the high quality and timely completion of the deliverables and reports and progress against the agreed programme milestones and donor requirements.
Networking and Representation
- Strengthen the relationship and cooperation with existing partners and donors in the WASH sector and identifying potential new partners/donors
- Representing ICS in stakeholder and other relevant meetings
- Promoting and reinforcing relationships with district and provincial technical authorities
- Ensuring correct MOUs are in place with relevant district/county stakeholders
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Degree in water engineering, agricultural engineering, or other relevant training
- 3 years’ experience in managing water projects
- Training in water social enterprises management will be an asset
- Experience in community work and different cultural contexts
- Experience in cross-cultural settings
- Prior experience in commercial water schemes in Kenya
If you posses the above qualifications send your application to [email protected]
For further details regarding vacancies, please visit our websitewww.icsafrica.org.
Deadline for submitting applications is 1st April 2014.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.