ICRC Ports Officer Employment Opportunity in Mombasa Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 14, 2014
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC Logistic Centre is seeking an experienced & highly motivated individual to fill the position of Ports Officer within its Mombasa office.
- Processing documents, payments and claims through KPA for both import and export cargo ;
- Lodging and follow up of delivery and shipping orders with shipping lines;
- Loading of both import and export cargo at the port;
- Follow up of letters written to the customs authorities;
- Lodging and follow up with customs both import and export files at the port;
- Ensure timely cancellations of bond entries with customs at the port;
- Diploma in shipping/clearing and forwarding;
- Conversant with KRA-Simba sytem;
- At least 3 years experience in a similar position;
- Computer literate;
- Valid driving licence is an added advantage.
The Profile: Good analytical skills, good interpersonal skills, high sense of integrity, ability to work under pressure and with minimal supervision, good communication skills.
Interested persons with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application to Human Resources Office on the address below, on or before 15th January 2014.
Please include a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, current and expected remuneration and contact details of three referees.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
International Committee of the Red Cross,
P. O. Box 34071, Nairobi, 00100(GPO),