ICJ Kenya Programme Manager Job Vacancy – Human Rights Protection Programme
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Mar 21, 2014
Programme Manager - Human Rights Protection Programme
Established in 1959, the Kenyan Section of the International Commission of Jurists (ICJ Kenya) is a non-governmental, nonpartisan and not for profit making membership organization registered in Kenya.
With a membership drawn from the Bar as well as the bench, it is a National Section of the International Commission of Jurists whose headquarters is in Geneva. It is however autonomous from ICJ Geneva.
ICJ Kenya is seeking to fill the vacancy as detailed below and hereby invites suitably qualified Kenyans to apply for the position of Programme Manager – Human Rights Protection.
Overall Purpose of the Job: To work closely with the Executive Director in the management of the Human Rights Protection Programme and in liaison with other programme staff to create synergy in the achievement of the organization’s strategic objectives.
Description of the Main Duties
- To initiate and develop project ideas and proposals in line with Human Rights Protection Programme.
- To effectively manage and coordinate the implementation of programmatic activities within the Human Right Protection Programme.
- To conduct baseline surveys and research within the programme to determine ICJ Kenya’s interventions.
- To manage and coordinate the implementation of the programme projects and its activities.
- To prepare periodic and timely project reports for donors and for internal use.
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- LL.B or its equivalent from a reputable institution. A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Professional training in Project Management.
- Over three years’ experience working with an NGO with grassroots network.
- Good communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to travel locally and internationally.
The candidate must be hardworking, dynamic, self-motivated individual with excellent interpersonal skills.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Please send your Application, CV and relevant certificates to:
The Executive Director,
P.O. Box 59743-00200,
or Email: [email protected]
Your application should be received on or before 15th April 2014.
ICJ Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.