ICAP Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Career Kisumu Kenya
Posted: Jul 17, 2013
ICAP Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Job in Kisumu Kenya
ICAP of Columbia University is working in partnership with the Ministry of Health to strengthen HIV Care and Treatment services at provincial and district health facilities.
This program is part of a US Government initiative against HIV in Kenya that receives funding from PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Applications are invited for the following position:
Position: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Location: Kisumu with travel to ICAP sites in Nyanza
The incumbent will work under the overall guidance of the Director of Monitoring and Evaluation to provide technical support in the planning and implementation of monitoring and evaluation (ME) activities within the ICAP HIV prevention, care and treatment program.
The appointee will work under the supervision of the regional Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
- Support routine and cohort data collection,
- Provide technical support to facility and district health records personnel
- Together with program teams, develop and operationalize a schedule for monthly facility and district level monitoring visits to review HIV service delivery and programs and data with a view to identifying gaps for support and mentorship.
- Lead in the active audit of both paper M&E tools and electronic medical records (EMRs) for data quality assurance Ensure an uninterrupted supply of M&E tools
- Train, mentor and evaluate performance of EMR health records officers
- Provide technical support to program teams in the design of new M&E data collection tools
- Degree in a Health Records Information, Epidemiology, Biostatistics or related field
- At least 2 years experience in HIV program
- Ability to plan and manage simultaneous competing priorities with little supervision.
All applications including a current CV, telephone number and 3 professional referees (preferably current/previous supervisors with their Telephone numbers and Email addresses) should be sent to the HR and Administration Manager, ICAP [email protected] on or before 24th July 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICAP is an equal opportunity employer