ICAP of Columbia University Deputy Grants Manager Job in Kisumu Kenya
Overall Job Function: The role of the Deputy Grants Manager will be to organize, coordinate and provide grants management support to sub-recipient partners in Nyanza Province and provide oversight and support to financial and administrative duties in Nyanza Regional Office and to ensure consistent adherence to ICAP/Funder policies and procedures as well as GoK rules and regulations for clear functioning of the Finance and Administration Department
- Maintain current and up-to-date file in both hard and soft copy format on each of the Sub-Awards under their control, and ensure their safe-keeping;
- Become familiar with the Rules and Regulations governing the funding and reporting procedures employed in the creation of Sub-awards;
- Ensure that Sub-awardees are compliant in terms of reporting requirements as laid out in the Sub-award Agreement. This may involve hands-on assistance and training;
- Follow the process of setting up new Sub-agreements from initial discussions with the Project and Program Director through to closeout at the conclusion of the Sub-award Agreement;
- Act as ICAP liaison with all Sub-awardees, and assist in solving problems that may arise during the initial phase of setting up the Sub-award, and through the lifespan of the Sub-award;
- To ensure consistent adherence to ICAP/Funder policies and procedures as well as GoK rules and regulations for clear functioning of the Finance and Administration Department
- Ensure that ICAP assets are managed and used according to CDC /ICAP regulations.
- Advanced degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- Professional accounting qualification with 3-5 relevant years of experience
- Experience in managing USAID/CDC funded projects
- Strong analytical, supervisory and management skills
- Excellent use of finance related MS Office and Quick books
All applications including a current CV (attachments bearing both your names and the job title), telephone number, referees, current and expected salary should be sent to the HR and Administration Manager, ICAP, [email protected] on or before 10th December 2013.