Human Resources Manager Job Vacancy – eCommerce Business
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Feb 1, 2014
Our client a leading E-commerce business is looking to fill the following position:
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Maintains and enhances the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
Qualification and Experience
- Graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource with at least 3 years of experience as a senior HR Officer
- HND in HR
- Member of IHRM
Skills and Attributes
- Leadership ability
- Smart, creative and innovative
- Thorough knowledge of the company’s culture, identity and goals
- Honest and strong work ethics and integrity
- Well-organised; Can multi-task
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to work well with all levels of management, executive leadership and support staff
- Problem-solving and conflict management
If you are qualified and up to the challenge, please send your resume and day time contact together with your salary details to [email protected] by 2nd February 2014.
Kindly indicate the position applied for in the subject line of your mail
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.