Human Resources and Legal Officer Job Vacancy
- Drawing and ensuring of proper execution of contracts/MOUs by authorized signatories.
- Provision of sound legal advice to the Management of the company and staff thereof.
- Drafting and lodging in relevant registries conveyancing documents for the company.
- Register title documents for the company’s properties and ensure that all properties are properly accounted for.
- Liaise with external lawyers to facilitate collection and preparation of information related to court cases and court hearings.
- Ensure the company meets its legal obligations and complies with all regulatory requirements.
- Providing legal guidance in developing product and deal structures and providing transaction advice.
- Providing day to day legal support to different products and structured funds and product platforms.
- Drafting of legal documentation including drafting Term Sheet, business contracts, Business memorandums and other transactional documents as the case may be.
- Liaising with business contacts as well as external legal counsel on business matters.
- Reviewing contracts and other legal documentation.
- Carrying our compliance on various business application/investment documents.
Carrying out risk and compliance reviews as well as maintaining risk and compliance registers.
- Undertake administrative duties supporting various HR processes including induction; probation procedure and drafting of employment contracts.
- Identifying and applying HR best practices and tools to help the company improve its performance.
- Implement operational policies, which are consistent with good practices and conform to national and regional legislation as well as Kenya Statutory requirements.
- Support in designing, implementation and monitoring of performance management systems including KPI’s.
- Implement and review the company’s benefits scheme (medical, pension, life cover, other cash and non-cash benefits)
- Advise and guide the top and line managers on HR related matters.
- Maintaining personal records of employees on matters such as wages, leave and preparing reports.
- Handle disciplinary issues amicably among the employees as of when they arise and where necessary act upon within the company’s policy and procedure framework.
- Formulate and oversee the implementation of Human Resource policies and procedures.
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Holder of a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree from a recognized University.
- Be an Advocate of High Court of Kenya with a diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law.
- A diploma in Human Resource Management will be an added advantage.
- Have 3-4 years’ experience in Conveyance, Contract drafting and Human Resource Management.
- Have experience in contract negotiations and drafting.
- Proven experience in Commercial and Conveyancing laws, documentation and procedures.
- A team player willing to work with minimum supervision.
- Be a person of integrity with high morals and professional ethical values.
- Excellent communication, presentation research and analysis skills.
- High levels of energy, creativity and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task between various briefs.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize.
- High integrity.
How to apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and competencies our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please forward a copy of your updated resume, and your current salary and benefits package to [email protected] (Indicating the JOB TITLE on the Subject Line) before close of business 7th March 2014.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.