Human Resource Officer Career Opportunity (KShs 120K)
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Feb 11, 2014
Three Green Apples Consulting Limited is a consulting practice providing transformational human resource management services.
Our client, a global conglomerate in the ICT industry is looking to hire a Human Resource Officer.
The Human Resource Officer will be responsible for e supporting a range of talent acquisition and retention activities to ensure that the company attracts and retains the right talent to its meet business needs.
- Liaise with departmental heads to identify & coordinate organization wide recruitment needs in line with existing policies and procedures.
- Develop recruitment practices that are in line with the best practice and that comply with local legislation
- Manages the entire recruitment process -sourcing (advertising, head hunting), selection (assessment centers, interviews), communication (regrets, acceptances), Reference Checks and initial successful applicant data compilation (for compensation and benefits use for contract negotiations and issuance of offer letters).
- Liaise with external partners – head hunters to ensure provision of quality service and contractual agreements.
- Conduct employment environment and competition activity scanning and recommendations to ensure continuous attractiveness of the company as a preferred employer.
- Creatively and effectively manage use of recruiting channels – online platforms, newspapers, job fairs etc.
- Represent the company at recruitment events, including job fairs and conferences.
- Support and/or own internal programs – e.g. internships
- Continuously improve on-boarding process.
- Conduct training needs analysis, design and implement training plans with input from Heads of Department and also providing guidance on learning and development to managers and their teams.
- Assist in development and implementation of policy, process, and initiatives to meet the company’s aspirations on talent management, and staff career development.
- Manage the performance management and promotion processes to ensure that it is in synch with career management and talent development programs.
- Take lead and coordinating the talent management process and program, including identifying, assessing, developing, and reviewing high potential talent.
- Implement succession planning framework and processes, identifying critical roles and talents and targeted development plans.
- Participate in the compensation and benefits improvement initiatives including remuneration analysis and surveys to ensure competitive edge of the company.
- Collaborate with Line Managers on learning and development to develop/conduct training programs that align with talent management strategy.
- Have a university Degree in Business preferably with a bias in HR.
- Have a diploma in Human Resource Management.
- Be a member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM).
- Have 3 to 4 years’ experience in Human Resources Management in a fast paced environment
- Proficient in use of MS Office suite.
- User knowledge of relevant HRMIS is an added advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of Kenyan labour laws.
- Have confidentiality, tact, be a creative thinker, self-motivated, dynamic, proactive and charismatic.
- Be a team player with excellent, proven interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Have effective problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and handle challenges
- Flexible, outgoing, mature, personable, vibrant, energetic and professional.
- Able to priorities and decide on the most effective way to deliver on objectives and meet deadlines.
Remuneration: The salary for this position is KShs 120,000 gross per month negotiable dependent on experience and demonstrable contribution.
If you are interested in the position and have the skills we are looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please apply for this position on-line and attach a copy of your updated resume together with details of your current salary and benefit package, at www.careers.tgagroupea.com
The interview process for this position will however commence immediately we receive suitable applications.
Please Note: We do not charge individuals any fee to accept or hold their applications in our database.
We therefore do not accept any applications from agencies who charge their clients for submitting their resumes.