Human Resource Manager Job in Nakuru Kenya
We are seeking to recruit a Human Resource Manager who is a team player with a high sense of integrity, confidentiality, good organization and administrative skills, good interpersonal skills with demonstrated sound work ethics, consistency and fairness.
The key responsibilities
- Provide support to managers in the recruitment of all staff
- Participate in the selection of staff, as appropriate
- Work closely with senior and line managers, providing them with expert guidance, coaching and support on the full range of HR activities
- Provide advice and guidance on individual employee relations cases, ensuring that these are well managed and meet the requirements of the Board’s policies, best practice and employment legislation.
- Develop, implement and maintain HR policies and procedures to ensure effective, fair and consistent management of staff throughout the organization, and ensure that the staff handbook is comprehensive and up-to-date.
- Ensure that managers and staff are aware of the policies and procedures and able to operate them effectively.
- Ensure statutory deductions are done and submitted on time i.e NHIF ,NSSF
- Ensure payroll is run effectively and
- Provide support to staff on HR issues, as and when required.
- Monitor and review the system of performance appraisal and continually develop as necessary, ensuring that annual appraisals are carried out in a timely manner and followed up.
- Develop and maintain an effective partnership with the Staff Forum ensuring consultation and communication practices are routinely adopted to enable management to make effective decisions and successfully implement proposals.
- Ensure that staff are informed and updated on key business and organizational issues.
- Keep up to date with legal developments and advise management on compliance and risk factors.
- Manage investigations, disciplinary and grievance matters
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Education or social sciences
- Post Graduate Diploma In Human Resources Management
- At least 2 years’ experience in a busy HR set up in a flower company , preferably at an agribusiness firm with more than 500 employees; Active membership of the Institute of Human Resource Management
- Proficiency in Ms Office packages and HR management systems.
- Excellent communications skills both written and oral. A good understanding of relevant labour legislation, policies and procedures.