Human Resource and Administration Manager Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 13, 2014
A fast growing company in the communication sector with various sales outlets spread across the country wishes to fill the below position within its existing establishment.
Human Resource and Administration Manager
Role Purpose: The position of HR and Administration Manager is responsible for providing quality and efficient HR and Admin function to Smart Connections E.A. Ltd in its entire establishment.
Remuneration: Competitive and Negotiable.
Required Minimum Qualifications;
- A first degree in Human Resource Management or related course.
- A diploma or higher diploma in human resource management
- Competence in Counselling Psychology
- A Member of IHRM
- Sound understanding of Kenya Labor Laws
- Sound understanding of the functions of Human Resource Management
- Atleast 3years experience in a similar position
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Honest, loyal and hardworking individual
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate the training of all the staff during induction and Orientation period especially on Customer Service and Marketing.
- Recruitment, selection and induction of new staff into the organization
- Planning and preparation of interviews schedules, training materials and coordinate training of new staff.
- NSSF and NHIF registration and remittance follow up.
- Drafting and typesetting of staff letters, memos and other related correspondences when need arises.
- Reviewing the laid down company policy from time to time.
- Harmonizing salaries and benefits to all employees, and recommending review of the same from time to time to suit as close as possible the companies’ ability and job market with the aim of catapulting employees` motivation, productivity and overall company performance.
- Ensuring staff matters are attended to promptly for effective performance and productivity.
- Updating staff records, contacts and bank details to ensure up to date personal and confidential records are maintained.
- Following up on staff shortfalls and pending cases, and ensuring consequent recovery.
- Managing of staff benefits e.g. leave, offs, e.t.c
- Maintaining HR (personnel files).
- Managing day to day HR activities.
- Custodian of office keys when need arises.
- Supervising and following up sales staff performance on sales staff
- Organizing meetings, including travel and accommodation.
- Facilitating and ensuring that communication both within and outside the company is under taken through the correct channels
- Coordinating and spearheading impromptu checks for all units.
- Providing administrative support to all companies as need arises.
- Ensuring company culture is maintained and followed through a system of disciplinary procedure.
- Conducting performance appraisal.
- Preparing minutes for Head of Department meetings and processing the meeting resolution to the C.E.O office
- Any other related duty as may be assigned from time to time
Candidates who meet the above minimum criteria should forward their CV, daytime contacts, current and expected salary to [email protected] by Friday, 17th January, 2014.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.