Human Needs Project (HNP) Retail General Manager Job in Kibera Nairobi Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Feb 22, 2014
Human Needs Project- Kenya
Job Title: Retail General Manager
Job Title: Retail General Manager
Location: Kibera, Nairobi
Human Needs Project (HNP) is a collaborative effort between academic, industry and local leaders to address the lack of basic services common in slums.
HNP is dedicated to building self sustainable centers that will prosper far into the future by working in complete partnership with locals to find the best solutions for the unique challenges we encounter in each center location.
Close to the opening of the Kibera Town Centre , HNP is seeking an experienced Retail General Manager to lead our centre into full operational capacity.
The town centre uses innovative, clean technology to provide basic services (water and sanitation) as well as a range of empowerment services (adult education, IT, micro credit, health information, green market place and café services.)
The Retail General Manager will be responsible for setting up Operations and Management Systems for the Town Center which meet Technical and Educational Objectives.
The Retail General Manager will be responsible for modifying the Town Centre’s Business plans as necessary to achieve Standards set, Sales and Service expectations, and profit objectives, as well as customer satisfaction in consultation with relevant stake holders.
The key responsibilities are:
- Drive sales of services and products
- Ensure that customer expectations are met
- Train and manage employees in a flat hierarchical system. Identify and manage necessary training.
- Maintain effective relationships with all collaborators, including customers, government, community organizations, academics and employees and also enforce ethical business practice.
- Track inventory
- Perform P&L analysis
- Be responsible for safety and security of facility
- Communicate values of Human Needs Project and town centre in all relationships.
- As a Retail Manager you must exemplify integrity and accountability at the managerial level as well as demonstrate excellent team leadership skills.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Commerce, Economics and Finance or Bachelor of Arts.
- A minimum of 5-8 years of management experience in Hotel Management, Conference Center Management or other Multiple Services Retail point of operation management.
- Previous success in setting up operations and management systems in multiple services and systems.
- Ability to create and maintain a customer focused culture.
- Strong collaborative and decision making skills
- Experience in measuring impact and charting mid-course corrections
- Proficiency in accounting and budgeting
- Proficiency In procurement and supplies management
- Previous success with establishing open and transparent processes
- Previous success with responsibilities for financial results
- Knowledge of comprehensive informal settlement dynamics is an added advantage.
Terms of employment
- Contract of 2 years, renewable AND probation period 3 months.
- Terms as per Human Needs Project Scheme of service
Application to reach the undersigned NOT LATER than 28th February 2014
Interested candidates should submit their Application to
With a detailed resume and a letter of motivation stating current position, remuneration, e-mail / contact address, telephone number, addresses of three Referees and Copies of Certificates and Testimonial.