HR Manager Job in Kenya
Company Profile: Our client is a travel service company set up to deliver quality transportation solutions for organizations and individuals through its highly professional and well-trained team.
Position Summary: Performs HR related duties at the professional level and may carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, training, employment and employment equity programs.
- Partner with employees and management to communicate various HR policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
- Provide day to day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- Provide HR Policy guidance and interpretation.
- Develop contract terms for new hires, promotions, transfers.
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, succession planning.
- Identify training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Participate in evaluation and monitoring of success of training programs. Follow-up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Conduct exit interviews and analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Respond to employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, and complaints.
- Facilitate and/or provide training (including orientation) to the workforce.
- Maintain and co-ordinate employee recognition programs.
- Interview, screen and recruit job applicants to fill entry level, professional and technical job openings.
- Review applications and interview applicants to match experience with specific job related requirements.
- Represent management in investigating, answering, and settling grievances, by arranging and scheduling grievance hearings between supervisor and the Management team.
- Responds to all labour law claims
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree Human Resources Management or Higher Diploma in the same.
- Four to six years’ experience in HR Management.
- Member of IHRM (K)
- Experience working in fleet management, transportation or relevant industry a plus
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues.
- The ability to research and analyze various different type of data information.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Must have the ability to make recommendation to effective resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is in consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Be self-directed and motivated
CVs WITHOUT salary requirements will NOT be considered