HR & Administrative Officer
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 19, 2014
Saman Associates is currently in the process of recruiting a HR & Administrative Officer for one of its clients.
The core responsibility of this role will be to develop the HR Department and to enhance the human resources function by planning, implementing and evaluating employee relations, processes and procedures.
- Provide advice and support to managers on the HR impact of business activities;
- Maintain organizational staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program as well as counsel managers on candidate selection;
- Review the existing performance management system, and develop a system that will enable continuous performance monitoring and periodical staff appraisal;
- Review the work culture and environment and develop tactics that support team work and increase staff motivation;
- Communicate and implement the code of ethics among the staff while listening and resolving their grievances and counselling employees as well as supervisors;
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing the labour Laws, conducting research, maintaining records and representing the organization at hearings;
- Carry out day to day personnel administration on leaves and communications and other staff related records;
- Instigate internal communication and employee engagement within each business Unit;
- Ensure proper day-to-day office administration whille ensuring efficient provision of office services, maintenance of office equipment and adequate office supplies;
- Maintaining a safe and secure work environment; developing personal growth opportunities;
- Accomplish staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures;
- Improve program and service quality by devising new applications; updating procedures; evaluating system results with users;
- Achieve financial objectives within branches by anticipating requirements; submitting information for budget preparation; scheduling expenditures; monitoring costs; analyzing variances.
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications:-
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Commerce or related field;
- Four (4) years’ experience in HR and Administration in a busy environment;
- Knowledge and experience in examining HR operations and procedures, formulating policies and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures;
- Knowledge of Labour Laws of Kenya;
- High sense of tact and discretion with sensitivity in maintaining confidentiality;
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written);
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks;
- Ability to build and maintain strong interpersonal relationships.
If you believe you qualify for this position, please send your CV and details of your current and expected remuneration to [email protected]
Only qualified candidates shall be contacted