HR & Administration Manager Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Feb 6, 2014
Position: Manager HR & Administration
The Manager HR & Administration shall be reporting to the Team Leader.
Shall manage and supervise the day to day operations of the Firm, the facilities in place, manage the work force, supervision and administration of the Firm and related Sister Companies.
- Coordinating personnel recruitment, including external advertisements and internal job postings and assisting management in scheduling of interviews.
- Developing and Implementing staff operating manuals.
- Opening of new staff files, maintenance of existing staff/HR files in the safe, filing all the HR documents in their respective files, keeping records of all ex-staffs for future references.
- Collecting & compiling all Applications data for future use.
- Preparing appointment letters and necessary orientation documents for new members of staff.
- Preparing certificate of service for any out-going staff timely.
- Facilitating booking and paying for trainings and compiling status reports of the same.
- Compiling leave schedules and filing of leave forms in respective files.
- Compiling and coordinating Periodical staff Assessment and review.
- Coordinating with the Finance Office to ensure the staff Salaries & Benefits are paid timely.
- Review, Shortlist and contract staff Medical Providers.
- Review, Shortlist and Contract Financiers to provide staff with staff loan facilities.
- Review, Shortlist and Contract Pension Scheme managers for the staff.
- Review, Shortlist and contract reputable Sacco Societies for staff enrolment.
- Review, Shortlist and contract staff trainers in team building courses as well as other courses for staff self development.
- Supervising the operations of the Administration Staff and updating the Team Leader.
- Supervising and providing guidance to the Office Assistants and Delivery Staff to ensure that the Company’s correspondence/mail and parcels are delivered and collected accurately within the stipulated timelines.
- Monitoring day to day delivery and collection of parcels to clients and updating the Team Leader.
- Coordinating performance with weekly review meetings and updating the Team Leader.
- Carry out Periodical Assessments to the staff working under.
- Setting and Monitoring the kitchen budget.
- Supervising the quality of meals being prepared by the Chef.
- Managing the kitchen store.
- In liaison with the Chef, preparing the menu vis-a-vis budget
- Supervising the day-to-day performance of the front office Staff/Receptionist.
- Ensuring PR standards to Clientele is maintained.
- Ensuring cleanliness of the front office and ensuring all required facilities thereto are in place for the convenience of clients.
- Assessing the performance in liaison with the Team Leader.
Team Leader’s Office
- Managing and organizing the diary and scheduling appointments for Team Leader.
- Coordinating and managing all the other related Business interests effectively and keeping the Team Leader well informed at all times.
- Managing the correspondence requirements in the Team Leader’s office, drafting, typing and dispatching correspondence efficiently.
- Photocopying, scanning and binding documents for the office.
- Taking and relaying accurate and timely messages from telephone callers and visiting clients, and answering queries where possible in regard to the Team Leader Office.
- Facilitating hospitality requirements in the Team Leader’s office as is necessary.
- Handling all Clients for the Team Leader in a professional manner
- Maintaining a comprehensive filing system as follows; filing documents, receipts, schedules e.t.c accurately into respective files; maintaining an updated register of files in the Team Leader’s office.
- Maintaining the safe in the Team Leader’s office and custodian of safe keys and the combinations thereof.
- Coordinating official travel and accommodation requirements for the Team Leader, Partners and all Staff within the Firm as is necessary.
- Collating and execution of visa application documents for the Team Leader’s travel and other members of Staff.
- Liaising with key personnel at the preferred cab services provider for official Staff transport purposes.
- Manage the offices/premises and ensure all facilities within are functioning and operating as required and updating the Team Leader.
- Oversee and co-ordinate repairs and maintenance of the building/offices.
- Ensuring safety of office fixtures and furniture’s and updating the Team Leader of any issues/new arising.
- Interview, Shortlist and Contract all Service Providers.
- In liaison with the Caretaker(s) and Security Officer(s) and coordinating the day to day running of the premises.
- Keeping proper records of all fixed assets, equipment and machinery in the premises and a record of their service requirements.
- Liaise with the security firm/company contracted by the Firm to ensure the facility is secure in line with existing contract/terms and updating the Team Leader.
- Liaising with relevant individuals and external organizations to arrange meetings, prepare agendas and draft minutes.
- Assisting in coordinating logistics of all Company events including Training and meetings by ensuring that there is consistent follow-up on the Firm’s intentions and achieving successful closure of such events.
- Preparing budgets for the official functions and overseeing their implementation and control.
- Facilitating weekly, monthly and quarterly Employee Meetings.
- Co-ordinating with all Departments and Branches for Partners and Departments evaluation.
- Maintaining running summaries of all staff Balance Scorecard.
- Evaluating the summaries quarterly and updating the Partners on the performance.
Going the extra mile in doing everything possible to add value to the Business.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in human resource management. A Masters in HRM is preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years experience in human resources personnel and administrative management.
- Experience working in a law firm will be an advantage
- Must have experience with human resources and administration functions associated with an organization with multiple office sites.
- IHRM certification preferred
- Computer skilled, with advanced knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Data Base applications, and Human Resource Information Systems software.
- Must have a demonstrated record of success in playing a key role in a fast growing, entrepreneurial driven organization composed of very bright, energetic and results oriented individuals.
Email CV and Salary Requirements to [email protected] with “Manager, HR and Administration”.