Product Development Manager Kenya
Product Development Manager
The Product Development Manager reports to the Assistant General Manager – Project Management and is responsible for driving the innovation and implementation process for product development across the business to ensure that HF consistently delivers products and services that meet, and exceed, the expectations of our target customers thus enabling us to achieve our strategic objectives.
This entails managing the various project work streams including people, processes and technology to ensure roll-out of the product to the standard required and within the time and budget allocated and driving the benefits realisation.
The successful applicants will have the following key responsibilities:
- Drive the innovation process across the business and lead the cross-functional innovation team
- Ensure consistent, and quality, product innovation to enable HF to acquire and maintain a competitive edge within our chosen market segments
- Ensure that the products and services developed are aligned to our brand and contribute positively to the achievement of our strategy
- Utilise market information to drive innovation
- Create and deliver against appropriate project plans to ensure that each initiative is delivered in line with that plan and that all benefits are realized on a timely basis
- Advise the senior management on possible new products that enable the capturing of new business
- Ensure cross functional teams have clear roles and responsibilities and are accountable for delivery of the relevant objectives
- Manage change to ensure that stakeholders are kept up to date and that buy-in is created
- Ensure projects lead to enhanced employee productivity and satisfaction; increased client base, satisfaction and loyalty; and increased shareholder value.
The ideal candidates should possess:-
- A recognized Degree from a reputable institution in a business related field. Project management qualification such as PRINCE 2 is an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years working experience of which a minimum of 2 years experience in retail product development within the financial services sector. Exposure to project management is an added advantage.
The ideal candidates should:-
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of consumer behavior and market trends
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the financial services sector. An understanding of the property industry would be an added advantage
- Have a good understanding of critical success factors for project management
- Demonstrate strong business analysis skills and experience
- Demonstrate an understanding of key factors in the business environment that affect the organisation’s success, and ability to utilize this to develop appropriate products and services
- Have strong interpersonal skills and demonstrate an ability to infuse a team with a common vision and motivate them
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrate conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Be a person of integrity who cannot be compromised
To apply please send your application letter and detailed CV indicating your qualifications & experience to:
Human Resources Manager, Housing Finance,
Rehani House, Kenyatta Ave/Koinange St, P.O. Box 30088 GPO 00100 Nairobi.
Applications should be sent via e-mail to [email protected] on or before 28th June 2013.
Please note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted