Hotel Head Chef Job in Kenya
Category: Hotel Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Feb 8, 2014
Our client, a fast growing Hotel is looking to recruit and fill the position of a Head Chef.
- Ensures the kitchen runs smoothly on daily basis and adequately stocked with all necessary goods.
- Lead by example, setting the pace and standards.
- Praise and recognize good performance.
- Pro-active in problem solving.
- Communicate via team meetings, one to one meetings, training sessions, notice boards and written.
- Communicate a vision of success which the team wants to be part of.
- Manage the day to day food administration ensuring systems compliance.
- Orders of food stock appropriate to sales levels and not over ordered.
- Ensure all deliveries are check and signed.
- Ensure all substandard goods are returned to supplier.
- Controls wastage and records /reports all wastage.
- Ensure all invoices are processed weekly and accounted for.
- Keeps within budgets set for ordering.
- Ensure all stocks are secure and no loss of stocks.
- Ensure proper stock rotation is followed in storeroom, fridges and freezers.
- Monitor & controls stock levels –daily, weekly and monthly ensuring no shortfalls.
- Handle all queries and issues relating to dishes, menus and suppliers.
- Ensures all company recipe’s and preparation requirements are met.
- Ensure readiness for service and the pace is set for peak trade.
- Ensure all food is presented for service in a timely manner and in correct sequence.
- Ensure that storage of food meets company and statutory health and safety requirements.
- Deal with any customer returned food in a manner.
- Ensure temperature records and food labeling are maintained and up to date.
- Ensure the kitchen hygiene is adhered to and records kept.
- Ensure the kitchen uniform and personal hygiene requirements are adhered to.
- Inspire and motivate the team to achieve food specification and therefore achieve sales and profit.
- Promote a positive perception of the company at all times both internally and externally.
- Attend company meetings as requested.
Skills and Requirements
- 4- 5 years’ experience, one of which the candidate must have served as a Head Chef
- a creative interest in food and cookery
- the ability to work under pressure and make quick decisions
- high standards of cleanliness and hygiene
- the ability to organize and plan your own work and that of others
- strong communication skills
- leadership and management skills
- the ability to control a budget and work with figures
- stamina with the ability to cope in a hot and busy kitchen
- The ability to deal calmly with unexpected situations and crises.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their CVs and a convincing cover letter to [email protected] indicating the job title applied .
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.