The company is currently Kenya’s largest vegetable processor for exports of premium horticultural products destined for international markets.
Job Summary: Reporting to the General Manager & General Manager – Finance, you will be responsible for efficient management of the Finance and Accounting function with key emphasis on direction, control and coordination of accounting activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordination of the Company’s accounting and financial functions.
- Provide advice and guidance to the management and the Board on financial and accounting matters.
- Preparation of the budgets and financial reports
- Cash flow planning.
- Coordination of end year audits with external auditors.
- Ensure timely submissions of statutory returns to the regulatory authorities.
- Set up internal controls and periodic reviews of the same.
- Preparation and analysis of financial reports including the annual statutory accounts.
- Monitor the costing and management accounting functions including budgets and forecast.
- Ensure compliance by use of appropriate accounting systems, standards and procedures.
- Direct and supervise the functions of the accounting department including stores and IT.
- Design, develop, implement and maintain the Company’s accounting information systems.
- Oversee the stores management and inventory control including monitoring ordering, receiving and issues of supplies in the Company.
- Monitor banks balances.
- Ensure proper maintenance of the accounting records.
- Plan and ensure efficient use of the Company’s finances.
- Analyze the financial position of the Company and advise the General Manager appropriately.
- Oversee the development and supporting of IT systems, and effective databank and back-up systems, IT security, IT policies & procedures and systems analysis.
- Formulation of accounting policies to ensure proper utilization of Company financial resources.
- Keep abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation and advise the company accordingly.
- Bachelors’ degree in Finance or Accounts from a recognized university
- CPA (K)
- 5 – 6 years progressive work experience gained in a similar role and capacity
- Good Working Knowledge of ERPs, SAP preferably
- Experience managing finance and accounting teams
- Excellent supervisory skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A team player
- Vast knowledge of financial policies and regulations
Interested candidates to send in detailed applications to [email protected] by deadline of 8th September 2014.
In your cover letter, kindly quote your current and expected salary.
Only those shortlisted will be contacted for interviews.