HIVOS Programme Officer – Job in Nairobi Kenya
HIVOS Programme Officer – Financial Services & Renewable Energy (GE) Job in Nairobi Kenya
Hivos aims to strengthen the capacities of rural men, women and small and medium enterprises to improve their businesses in a sustainable way.
Hivos equally aims to contribute to the development of a green and fair financial sector, decentralized renewable energy, the development of sustainable value chains and improved agriculture and energy policies at national and international level, as essential ingredients for more dynamic, inclusive and green local economies.
As a member of the regional and global GE team, the programme officer contributes constructively and positively to the overall and regional Hivos policies in this field; positions Hivos in the region in line with its’ policies; initiates and coordinates innovative and creative programmes and initiatives that contribute to Hivos GE objectives, forges strong relationships and builds supportive networks with relevant stakeholders notably in civil society and amongst donor agencies, and takes responsibility for the administration and management of the GE partner portfolio.
You are a qualified individual with strong analytic skill and an ability to translate analysis into practical results.
You are passionate about the need and potential to expand financial services and renewable energy to marginalized groups in rural areas as critical vehicles to enable these groups to become agents of local economic development.
- An academic background, with a masters degree in a relevant field;
- Experience within the financial and semi-financial sector and (renewable) energy financing, in at least one of the countries in the East African region; an understanding of impact investment especially within the agricultural and renewable energy sector will be highly appreciated;
- Experience with public, private partnership programme development and implementation;
- A minimum of five years of relevant work experience, including working with civil society organisations and MFI;
- Strong networking, negotiation and fundraising skills;
- Ability to interact with people at both high level within corporate and civil society as well as with Hivos beneficiaries within rural areas; The ideal person should be comfortable working and travelling in challenging environment in rural areas;
- Proven experience in project management and implementation;
- Strong financial knowledge and experience;
- Track record in programme development in the field of financial services and renewable energy;
- Affinity with developmental, political and socio-economic issues;
If you meet the mentioned qualifications send a motivation letter and CV to: HIVOS e-mail: [email protected] with reference code “vac PO FS&RE”.