Hewlett-Packard Kenya: PSG Category Management Rep
PSG Category Management Rep (Kenya)
Title: PSG Category Management Rep (Kenya)
* Deep understanding of the category product, business management and sales challenges and strategies.
* Drives consumer market development
* Actively contributes to the definition of the category business plan.
* Establishes relationships and represents team with sales force and other partners at senior level.
* Product line and quota responsibility for a significant share of the product range, or a specific customer segment.
* Functional responsibility for the team in one or several areas (market analysis, marketing engagement, SF communication etc)
* May lead a subset of the team. May lead overall engagement with one or several sales teams.
* May lead engagement / partnership with external IT vendor.
* Solution selling with high complexity. Focus on one BU / with multiple product lines.
Education and Experience Required:
* University or Bachelors degree in Marketing or Finance; advanced degree or MBA preferred.
* Typically 8-12 years of professional experience with a combination of Marketing, Sales, Business Planning experienced preferred.
* Consumer and/or Commercial Partner management expertise / End User Acct management as an alternative.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
* IT industry knowledge
* Business planning skills, multidimensional.
* Financial planning and modelling skills, comfortable to manage high complexity business planning and reporting
* Strong communication skills at senior management internally and externally
* Knowledge of promotional marketing processes and practices.
* Negotiation skills and ability to frame the product value proposition to customers/partners
* Leadership skills and cross functional expertise (sales, supply chain, marketing
Critical Competencies to Drive Business Results:
Business Acquisition & Administration
Aggressively manages new or expanded account business to capitalize on early success
Assesses solution feasibility from a technical and business perspective to determine “qualify-in”/”qualify-out” status
Conceptualizes and articulates well-targeted solutions in area of technical specialty — from proposal to contract sign-off
Deal Advancement & Closing
Negotiates and drives deals to ensure successful closes and high win rates
Client Technical Education/Assistance
Establishes HP’s technical creditability and solution capability within customer’s Information Technology (IT) organization through education & assistance
Builds, monitors and orchestrates sales pipelines to ensure continuous population and movement of near- and long-term opportunities
Supports sales strategies and activities that effectively and efficiently target HP’s efforts and resources to closeable wins
HP Sales Productivity Tools/Processes
Systematically applies HP sales planning & productivity tools/processes to manage work
Applies partner and internal resources effectively and efficiently to advance sales opportunities
HP Sales Initiatives/Goals
Closely monitors HP sales initiatives and goals to ensure alignment with account planning and sales activities
Demonstrates comfort with IT and/or industry, solution, product, service knowledge — easily integrates/applies these perspectives to solving business needs
Demonstrates the ability to lead, manage or enlist the support of others in the absence of formal authority