HelpAge International Office Assistant Job in Nairobi, Kenya
Job Title: Office Assistant
Department: Finance & Administration
Purpose: The Office Assistant provides support to EWCARDC team by giving support in the areas of: cleaning, tidying up offices, catering services, redirecting mails/documents to relevant staff and support the Administrative Assistant when need arises.
- Keep the office clean and tidy, including cleaning floors, dusting furniture and windows etc, and emptying rubbish bins each day
- Replenish tissues, air freshener and hand wash in the washrooms
- Keep the kitchen and utensils tidy and clean at all times
- Ensure water dispenser is clean and has clean drinking glasses at all times
- Provide catering services during meetings carried out within HelpAge offices / conference room.
- Keep accurate records of kitchen / cleaning consumables and ensuring timely restocking
- Submit procurement request to logistics function for kitchen consumables required for the office keeping within the designated budget
- Supervising the general cleaning on Saturday, this includes mopping, scrubbing, dusting, removing cobwebs, vanishing the wooden floors and removing dust from the cabinets in the resource centre
- Collection of post and delivery to staff
- Assist with attaching invoices with the relevant documents for payment
- Assist the staff in photocopying documents when required
- Assist staff in document filling when required
- Attach taxi vouchers with travel authorization/taxi requisition form
- Assist in receiving and making calls through the switchboard and re-direct them as appropriate.
- Receive all visitors and re-direct them to relevant staff as appropriate
- Assist with making appointments with partners, suppliers and other third parties on behalf of staff
- Assist in arranging for internal general and departmental staff meetings
- Taking minutes of general and departmental staff meetings
- Maintenance of Resource Centre and board-rooms
- Assist making travel and hotel bookings
- Any others duties if required
- Good working knowledge of computer packages including word processing, and database packages.
- High typing speed
- Ability to work independently and make good decisions with minimum supervision.
- Good customer care and telephone etiquette
- Excellent command of English and Kiswahili both written and oral
- At least 2 years working experience in an administrative or Office Assistant position.
- Experience in front office activities/management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Managing a household budget
- Certificate in Secretarial and Front office Management
- Previous experience in a NGO setting
- Team player
- Culturally sensitive, good public relations and flexible
To apply for this position, please send an updated CV and covering letter, explaining how you meet the criteria for this role to the Regional Human Resource Coordinator on [email protected] by 10 January, 2014, clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of your email.