HelpAge International Gardener / Groundsman Job in Nairobi, Kenya
Job Title: Gardener / Groundsman
Department: Finance & Administration
- Carry out gardening duties, requiring a minimum amount of supervision.
- Soil cultivation, digging, forking, mulching, watering, raking, weeding, edging, pruning, bed preparation and planting.
- Wash and keep tidy the parking area external washing areas, toilets, and assist in cleaning inside the office when needed.
- Lawn maintenance and cultivation, use mower properly, adjusting to correct heights and quality of grass cutting
- The use and maintenance of hand tools and basic light machinery.
- Keep the borders thoroughfares and lawn paths clear and free from litter at all times
- Empty litter bins around the compound
- Assist with the erection and dismantling of lawn sheds whenever necessary
- Prepare and plant flowers
- Assist staff and visitors with car parking
- Cleaning of office vehicles
- Loading and unloading office supplies, arranging files and consumables in the stores
- Understand and ensure the implementation of the office health and safety policy and emergency fire procedures
- Report any faulty appliances, damaged equipments or any potential hazard.
- Promote safe working practices within the office compound
- Monitor the work of the company security and report any issue to the Senior Admin Officer
- Switching on and refueling the generator, informing the Admin team when the generator needs service and fuel procurement
- Carry out any other duties as requested by supervisor(s)
- Good working knowledge of gardening and landscaping
- Ability to work independently and make good decisions with minimum supervision.
- Ability to communicate in English and Kiswahili, both written and oral
- At least 2 years working experience in a similar role
- Primary school education qualification
- Team player
- Culturally sensitive, good public relations and flexible
To apply for this position, please send an updated CV and covering letter, explaining how you meet the criteria for this role to the Regional Human Resource Coordinator on [email protected] by 10 January, 2014, clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of your email.