HELB ERP Quality Assurance Individual Consultant Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Dec 13, 2013
ERP Quality Assurance Individual Consultant
Background: The Higher Education Loans Board was established on the 21st day of July 1995 by Higher Education Loans Board Act, Cap 213A.
The mandate of the Board is to grant loans to students enrolled in higher education and recover mature loans.
As part of the Board’s strategic direction, HELB has kicked off implementation of an Enterprise Resource Planning System that will provide seamless integration of its processes to ensure improved efficiency in service delivery to customers.
The Position: HELB seeks an individual consultant for a period of six (6) months to carry out quality assurance of the implementation of the new ERP.
The consultancy will be divided into two phases I and II.
The Consultant will work closely with the ERP Project team, Internal Audit & Risk Management and ICT functions and will be expected to provide reports to senior management and the board at predetermined frequencies.
The consultant will work with a variety of individuals including analysts, developers, system users, and project management office.
The primary focus of the ERP Quality Assurance Consultant will be to monitor and provide assurance on development, implementation, and documentation all testing activities, including test planning, test documentation, test execution, defect tracking and reporting, including follow-up and issue resolution.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop quality assurance guidelines and plan/ strategy for the project.
- Manage the quality assurance activities for ERP project development, user training, system and user testing and migration phases.
- Provide leadership and consulting on quality assurance methodologies.
- Provide status reports to HELB Management and the Board where quality as per predefined standards/ requirements are not being met, including the remediation plans agreed with the Service Delivery leader(s), and track to completion.
- Ensure requirements and design objects undergo reviews to proactively validate appropriate applicability, accuracy, feasibility, usability, clarity, and testability.
- Manage the development and maintenance of quality assurance test plans, scenarios, cases and scripts.
- Monitor progress of testing and make necessary changes to test plans, cases and scripts to ensure that quality standards and production deadlines are met.
- Responsible for defining and maintaining quality assurance testing best practices, initiates and documents processes and procedures improvements.
- Lead the continuous improvement of quality assurance practices, tools and methodologies.
- Assesses impacts on related business, functional, development and test teams.
- Researches and recommends changes required on technology and processes.
- Monitor and communicate progress of overall quality assurance activities and recommends changes to the strategies and processes to ensure that quality standards and practices are being followed.
- Focus on controlling project risks
- Undertake post implementation analysis to facilitate Continual Improvement
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- An advanced degree in Information Technology or Project Management (with a bias on IT Projects)
- Working experience in SQL and Oracle environment.
- At least seven (7) years’ experience in ERP requirements definition, development or testing with creation and execution of quality assurance test plans scenarios, cases, checklists and scripts.
- Demonstrate collaboration on project teams and interaction with project managers, business and functional analysts, developers and the business community directly related to quality assurance responsibilities and roles.
- Experience with programming languages and script development.
- Demonstrate test management processes and technical skills, including an understanding of manual and automated test execution and performance related tools.
- Demonstrate knowledge using version control and defect tracking methods, including an understanding of associated tools.
- Knowledge of project management skills, including an understanding of project management processes and related tools.
- Knowledge of application software development life cycle concepts, lean and agile best practices, environment and configuration management, and test management methodologies and practices.
- Knowledge in data migration planning, execution and monitoring.
- Be a team player with the ability to network with project staff to obtain high standard of performance.
Remuneration: The consultant is expected to quote the expected remuneration for each man-day on the project.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please send your application, detailed CV, relevant copies of testimonials and certificates, your date time contact, and contacts of three referees, so as to reach the office of chief Executive Officer on the contact below and not later that 13th December, 2013.
Higher Education Loans Board
P.O. Box 69489-00400,
Higher Education Loans Board
P.O. Box 69489-00400,
Email Address: [email protected]
Only shortlisted Consultants will be contacted