Heifer International Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 16, 2014
Heifer International Kenya is a humanitarian development organization dedicated to ending hunger and poverty and caring for the Earth by empowering small holder farm families around the globe to become self-reliant and attain sustainable livelihood through economically viable agricultural enterprises.
Heifer international Kenya seeks to fill the position ofParticipatory Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to support its country programs
Reporting to the Country Director, you will;
- Lead development and implementation of monitoring learning evaluation systems and processes as well as mechanisms for information and knowledge sharing.
- Design lead and manage participatory process in aspects of design monitoring and evaluation including development and implementation monitoring learning evaluation systems and tools, reviewing program proposals
- Lead the implementation of HPI global monitoring and evaluation systems at the country level ensuring standards in baseline surveys, impact monitoring and evaluation processes that contribute to the global strategies.
- Design coordinate and/or deliver training and capacity building for staff that transfers and enhances capacity to implement monitoring and evaluation procedures and use of monitoring and evaluation data for program improvement.
- Manage the key project evaluations, baseline surveys, impact studies for HIK country programs and the databases for project reporting including the project management information system.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline, plus seven (7) years relevant experience in monitoring learning evaluation in the development context, preferably with international donors.
- Experience in managing databases and coordinating evaluations, surveys and impact monitoring at a senior level as well as supporting and monitoring field based programs.
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis, ability to prepare, systemically disseminate high level quality reports for a variety of audiences and ability to incorporate innovative solutions in complex monitoring learning evaluation systems.
- A good understanding and sensitivity to issues associated with poverty, hunger and environment, and knowledge of the context to which non-profit organizations operate.
- Computer proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, presentation tools, electronic mail and Internet software (Microsoft Office preferred), including Excel, Access and SPSS.
To apply for this position please visit www.heifer.org/careers
Closing date for all applications Friday January 17, 2014