Heifer International Office Assistants Jobs in Nairobi & Eldoret Kenya
Summary: Our Client Heifer International is a global nonprofit humanitarian development organization dedicated to ending hunger and poverty and caring for the Earth by empowering small holder farm families around the globe to become self reliant and attain sustainable livelihood through economically viable animal agricultural enterprise.
In Kenya, the second phase of the project will adopt a more private sector led strategy with the overall objective of building significant partnerships with public and private organizations for co-funding, innovative design and overall project expansion.
Function: The office assistant will work under the overall guidance of the Administrator to perform all the office cleaning and support office administration as assigned.
- Ensure cleanliness in the office at all times
- Maintaining the compound by ensuring that flowers are regularly watered and trimmed.
- Collect waste from dustbins in individual offices, and dispose on a daily basis.
- Prepare refreshments and ensure availability of kitchen consumables
- Photocopy office documents and correspondence.
- Ensure the office is opened on time and is securely locked at the close of business everyday
- At least KCSE certificate
- At least 3 years experience in a comparable position in a busy organization
- Strong communication skills both in English and local language of the cluster area.
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector and the context to which non-profit organizations operate.
- Basic to intermediate computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel)
- Knowledge of simple clerical work.
- Extremely clean, organized and ready to maintain the assigned vehicle in excellent mechanical condition.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to individuals diplomatically and tactfully.
- Must be courteous, honest and of high integrity, especially in high-pressure situations.
- Self-starter and self-motivator with the ability to work in a multicultural setting.
- Must be a team player and have the ability to execute and manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to follow directions and independently complete assigned tasks (written or verbal).
- Ability to work a varied schedule to include early mornings, weekends and some evenings.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
P O Box 6416,
Closing date: Friday, 13th December 2013
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.