Health and Water Foundation – Finance Manager
Health and Water Foundation (HWF) Finance Manager Job in Kenya
The Finance Manager is also expected to make recommendations to the Executive Director for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Apply a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close
- Take the lead to complete the quarterly HWF – Donor Financial Report
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information
- Initiate budget and forecasting activities
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Interface with other departments to verify transaction report data and issues
- Advise staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions
- Respond to inquiries from the Executive Director regarding financial results, special reporting requests and similar functions from the donors
- Work with the Audit firms to ensure a clean and timely year end audit
- Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the Finance department
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed
- Work with direct report to establish performance goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff
- Ensure cash balances are kept within the required target low.
- Perform cash and bank reconciliation monthly
- Provide monthly feedback on budget position updates to donors
- Communicate and liaise with the Donors on matters of Finance
- Ensure staff advance systems are operational and regularly used for tracking all outstanding balances and staffs are notified to control the risk of bad debts.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director from time to time.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance or Business Management with CPA Final (K).
- MBA (accounting) is an advantage.
- Five year or more prior supervisory experience in the accounting/financial reporting areas especially in the NGO sector. Experience working with an NGO in Kenya is required.
- Must be Computer proficient; Experience with accounting packages a plus. Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and supervisory skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a fast-paced work.
- Knowledge of Quickbooks or other accounting packages is an advantage
Health and Water Foundation,
P.O Box 16923 GPO 0100