Head of Treasury Job in Kenya – Sharia Banking Compliant Institution
Our client is currently experiencing high growth and is expanding its operations in all frontier markets in the region.
To support this growth, the bank is looking for Head of Treasurywho will be responsible for ensuring prudent management of the bank’s funds.
Job Summary: The Head of Treasury will play a pivotal role in financial risk management; exposure management, liquidity management and the use of hedging strategies to safeguard the bank’s assets, especially its funds.
- Maintaining liquidity levels and managing cash flows within the bank to meet known and reasonable unforeseen funding requirements
- Minimizing the bank’s cost of funds and to maximize its return on investments.
- Minimizing bank’s exposure to adverse market movements.
- Monitoring, evaluating and reporting on market and economic performance
- Soliciting funds and transacting of risk management procedures within an environment of control and compliance under Board of Director’s approved Treasury policy so as to protect bank’s financial assets and costs.
- Ensuring that all activities of the Treasury Department are performed in conformity with Sharia’a guidelines, Kenya Central Bank’s regulations and within given management parameters
- Arranging and structuring long term funding for the bank at the lowest achievable level.
- Optimizing flexibility and spread of liability maturities within the bank’s funding limits, and as per approved policy.
- Monitoring and reporting on financing / borrowing covenants and ratios under the obligations of the bank’s lending / Murhabah arrangements / security arrangements
- Ensuring that Board of Directors and senior management and relevant staff within the bank are kept abreast of the latest treasury products, methodologies, and accounting treatments through training and in-house presentations.
- Ensuring that all treasury operations are conducted within the bank’s Risk Management Framework and Risk Management Guidelines by also adhering wherever possible to the Basel II framework.
- Ensuring proper pricing of assets and liabilities.
- Ensuring that all statutory requirements are adhered to.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with financial institutions locally and internationally in co-operation with and as per guidance of the Head of Financial Institutions.
- Min Bachelor’s degree and a post graduate in Finance or related subject, with minimum of 5 years of relevant experience of managing a team in a treasury environment, of which at least 2-3 years should be in a leadership role managing a fully-fledged Islamic treasury.
- Excellent analytical and planning skills are required with ability to effectively manage changing priorities with limited human resources.
- Must have a sound understanding of local banking regulations and practices.
- Must be highly motivated and energetic and a team player
- Should have excellent interpersonal and writing skills.
- Hands-on experience of working in automated environments is required.