Head of Operations Job in Nairobi, Kenya
Head of Operations Job in Nairobi, Kenya
Our client is the leading professional cleaning and allied services company and one of the Top 100 companies in Kenya.
- Our client is seeking to engage a dynamic Head of Operations who will have the vision and leadership ability to take the department into a new and exciting phase of its development as part of the senior management team.
- The Board is looking for an individual with foresight, management focus and a firm grasp of the operational realities of the cleaning industry.
- The Head of operations will be expected to lead, inspire and develop the operations management team and staff, maintaining at all times that ethos of partnership and shared decision making which is so fundamental to the department’s success.
- It will be the Head of Operations’ role to implement company policies and to provide leadership to the staff, ensuring that they share and reflect the company’s mission, values and aspirations.
The head of operations will:
- Provide effective leadership to the Department in fulfilling its mission as determined by the Board.
- Ensure that the Board is fully engaged in all strategic decisions which affect eh Department and implement the decisions of the Board.
- As the Accounting Officer for the Department, ensure that the Board is advised if its actions or policies are compatible with the financial plans, with the Department’s financial regulations and procedures.
- Organize, direct and manage the Department and lead the staff, providing inspiring and motivating leadership to the operations team.
- Lead and contribute to the development, implementation and monitoring of Departments plans, procedures and policies in line with the department’s strategic plan.
- Ensure the effective review of policies and procedures which involve the Board, staff and other Department stakeholders.
- Provide direction and management of the department and leadership of the staff
- Provide management and leadership of staff which will ensure that the Department discharges all of its responsibilities and that good labor relations are maintained and developed.
- Promote discipline and good conduct and encourage commitment of staff, leading by example.
- Contribute to the training & development of staff to ensure the effective implementations of policies and systems agreed by the senior management team.
- Prepare annual estimates of expenditure for consideration and approval by the Board and manage the budget and resources within the estimates approved by the Board.
- Demonstrate prudent and effective budgetary management.
- Ensure that there is proper and effective operation of financial, planning and management controls.
- Ensure the use of information systems which provide robust data to support the management of the whole department.
- Co-operate with colleagues in the senior management team to ensure that the department offers the highest quality service to its clients and foster a culture of excellence and innovation.
- Directly line-manage and monitor the work of the operations’ management team.
- Develop an ethos of teamwork throughout the Department.
- Ensure the dissemination of information about, and examples of, best practice in the industry as well as information on relevant national and local policy developments.
- Ensure that appropriate targets are set and agreed throughout the department, that performance against them is monitored and that the department meets or exceeds them.
- Ensure that the department at all levels is committed to the development and personal growth of all the employees.
- Initiate development opportunities for the department, including business and community partnerships.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of effective communication within and beyond the department and act as an ambassador for the department and an advocate of its interests.
- The head of operations will adopt flexible working methods to meet changing needs of the organization and industry.
- Develop and maintain quality standards appropriate and constituent with the company’s quality policy
- Develop and maintain professional standards and expertise by undertaking relevant professional development.
- To ensure that the Department’s internal quality assessment and assurance mechanisms are working effectively to bring about continuous quality improvement by monitoring that agreed internal systems are effective and comprehensively applied, that externally identified standards and benchmarks are being met and improved upon and that information systems provide useful management information with which to measure performance over time.
- To undertake such duties as the Board may, from time to time, determine in consultation with the post holder to ensure the continued existence, viability and progress of the department.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a recognized institution in a senior management position.
- Track records of achievements in previous engagements
- A degree in Business Administration/management or a related field from a recognized institution
- Excellent interpersonal & Communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of the rules governing higher education
- Good leadership skills
- Good business acumen
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by scrolling down and clicking on: