Head of Legal Career Opportunity (KShs 200K)
The Head of Legal will be responsible for the effective and efficient management of the Legal affairs of the organization, provision of legal advisory services and ensuring effective management of legal and contractual risks.
- Review and provide legal advice on tender documents.
- Review on-going cases and advice management accordingly.
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
- Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management especially on contract management.
- Provide and interpret legal information, conduct training and disseminate appropriate legal requirements to staff Policy development.
- Review and advise management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
- Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements.
- Review progress of outstanding litigation and liaise with and manage external lawyers.
- Act as the Company Secretary and thus be the custodian of the board minutes, file annual returns and compliance with company act requirement.
- Formulate compliance check-lists to be used for the purpose of ensuring that all information required is provided accordingly.
- Continuously compile, submit and monitor compliance with statutory obligations and advise management accordingly.
- Review all contracts or any other documentation where the Company has committed itself and assess legal implications that need to be brought to the executive management’s attention.
- Prepare, review and modify contractual instruments to assist and support various business activities.
- Prepare, and serve any contractors and other contracted business associates with legal notice / letters to advice on action the company may take for disruption of company services.
- Negotiate, review and draft documentation for business transactions and prepare and advise on the necessary checklist to be adopted to ensure information is submitted on time.
- Renew leases as required in a timely manner.
- Report to management on any issues and general management reporting as required by the company.
- Perform any other work relating to legal that management deems necessary
- LLB undergraduate degree.
- A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Must be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
- Have at least five years legal experience ideally in a leading IT organization, with a proven track record in contract negotiation and drafting.
- Proven track record of providing accurate and effective legal counsel and that of adding value to an organization through the development of comprehensive contract documents that mitigate risk and penalties.
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills necessary for interaction with the Government of Kenya, the Judicial system and negotiating parties.
- Demonstrate knowledge of, and experience with, laws dealing with government and/or commercial contract administration, particularly contract negotiation, preparation and administration.
- Ability to provide independent advice (orally and in writing) to senior level management on highly technical and confidential matters.
- Demonstrate success in managing and conducting a variety of litigation matters.
- Proven ability to delicately solve sensitive matters.
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory law
- Good planning and organization skills.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills.