Head of Bulk Sales Job in Kenya
Reporting to: CEO Steel Division
Our client, a leading manufacturer of Cold Formed Steel Sections, Hot Dipped Galvanized Pipes, Plates, UPVC Pipes, HDPE Pipes and PP-R pipes and fittings seeks a Head of sales for bulk sales who will plan, manage and deliver on driving sales targets and overall revenue target enabling successful short, medium and long term alignment and customer satisfaction.
- Developing new markets and driving sales strategies and targets in order to drive company’s Strategic objective of becoming and maintaining market leadership in the region.
- Creating and delivering the sales strategy for the company in the East Africa region.
- Developing and driving product knowledge on the steel industry, company products, trends, trade shows, conferences and other Steel industry related activities.
- Analyze customers profiles in order to identify cross-sales and up-selling opportunities, and recommending end to end solutions depending on their customer profile.
- Foster relationships with key account contacts ensuring the company’s Steel market share is maintained and opportunities for growth are exploited.
- Focus on technical, market and sales development activities required to jointly go to market with complete, competitive solutions for current products.
- Provide insights and market intelligence on the Steel industry from customer visits, market reports, published data etc for Management reporting.
- Work with the head of segment on sales forecasting and sales expansion plans within the region.
- Bachelor’s degree or a Diploma in Engineering (Structural, Civil, Mechanical) or equivalent technical qualification from a reputable learning institution.
- At least 4 years’ experience in sales and negotiating skills of steel products or related industry products.
- Experience in import and export within the steel or related industry will be an advantage.
- Good Influencing, negotiation, analytical and Interpersonal Skills.
- Good communication, presentation and report writing skills.
- Proficiency in English, proficiency in French will be an added advantage.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with clients and commercial partners.
- Proven aptitude in liaising, negotiating, influencing, presentation skills and establishing a credible consultative role on all aspects of closing deals with key external clients.
- Possess competency in strategic planning, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- demonstrate ability to be independent & self-driven in a highly driven environment
- Results oriented and an innovative thinker.