Hass Petroleum Oracle Apps DBA Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 22, 2014
The Company: Hass Petroleum is a regional oil marketing company with a significant presence in East Africa and the Great Lakes region.
We have fully fledged operations in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, South Sudan, Somalia and the DRC, dealing with sale and distribution of white oils (Diesel, Petrol & Kerosene), Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) and our own brand of lubricants blended to world class standards.
The Job: We seek to recruit qualified and experienced Oracle Applications Database Administrator (DBA) to give support to Oracle users across the Company.
The Oracle database system is the backbone of our operations, hence effective management and prioritization of activities is of paramount importance for the DBA.
Key responsibilities include;
- Providing support for Oracle Applications R12.
- Performance monitoring and tuning of Databases, Oracle Application Servers and E-business Software
- Backup and Recovery of Oracle EBS R12 running on Oracle 11g
- Planning, Testing and Performing software upgrades
- Problem management [i.e., problem identification, management and resolution]; Patch analysis and patch application
- Assisting with database loads and data conversion activities
- Cloning and supporting environments, SR resolution
- Analyze storage utilization and overall capacity planning for the EBS
- Supporting the EBS services in a 7 x 24 high availability environment.
- Actively manage incidents to ensure compliance against measurable service within documented tolerances and service levels
Required Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Oracle Apps Certified DBA (R12)
- Excellent Technical support and strong troubleshooting
- In-depth knowledge of OS, EBS systems and application backups and restores.
- Strong experience with system management tools and client/server environments
- In-depth knowledge of Linux (Oracle Linux), SQL and PL/SQL.
- Familiarity with SAN Storage and Raid Technologies.
- Strong Shell programming expertise for task automation.
- Demonstrated initiative, customer orientation and team work.
- Solid knowledge of all aspects of Oracle/R12 ERP development, development tools, best practices and standards, including Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports.
- Should have strong understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC).
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Software engineering, IT or related fields from a recognized university
- A minimum of seven (7) years’ of experience supporting R12 in Linux environment
- Experience in providing production support in R12.
- Experience using release management tools, including version control system and release management best practices.
- A working knowledge of structured test methods and processes is definite plus.
- Ability to work to aggressive and critical timelines.
- Experience with their database software/web applications, Apache and web services.
- Ability to communicate technical issues with non-technical users
- Sound analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
If you are interested and meet the required profile, please send us your cover letter and detailed CV, including your qualifications, experience, present position and current remuneration to [email protected] on or before January 24, 2013.
Your application should also include names and addresses of three referees, a working e-mail address and daytime telephone contacts.
Applications received after the deadline date will not be accepted.
We reserve the right to accept or reject any application.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.