Hass Petroleum Group Head of Credit Job in Kenya
The Job: We seek to recruit a qualified and experienced Credit Management professional whose main role shall be to ensure that the group’s credit risk is appropriately assessed and managed and report on the group’s accounts receivable data.
Key responsibilities include;
- Review the Credit policy, procedures and strategies to ensure the group’s credit risk is appropriately assessed and managed.
- Implement the group’s credit management policy across the group.
- Ensure that credit management processes are in line with the group’s credit management framework as well as best commercial practices.
- Continuously monitor customers’ adherence to the group’s credit management policy and procedures and recommend corrective action where deviations are noted.
- Manage the group’s debt portfolio in line with approved group credit management framework.
- Ensure the preparation and presentation of accurate and timely credit reports for all affiliate Companies as and when required.
- Lead, train and motivate the credit risk management team in accordance with the group’s credit management framework.
- Ensure customer statements are accurate, generated and delivered on time to facilitate collection and reconciliation of receipts against invoices.
- University Degree in a Business-Related field;
- Professional qualification in Finance (CPA-K or ACCA)
- ERP and IT proficiency- Excellent knowledge of accounting packages and previous working experience in Oracle ERP;
- At least 3 years’ experience as a Credit manager in a large organisation (Annual turnover of USD 200 million and above);
- Experience of Petroleum or Banking sector will be preferred.
- Ability to meet critical deadlines.
- Good knowledge of regional tax laws and practice
- Excellent negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player and capable of working under pressure
Your application should include names and addresses of three referees, a working e-mail address and daytime telephone contacts.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.