Short Term Consultancy
Terms of Reference for Workshop Rapporteur
Road Safety Project
The Organization: Handicap International is an independent and impartial aid organisation working in situation of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster.
We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, taking action and bearing witness in order to respond to their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity.
Handicap International intervenes in difficult circumstances in order to prevent impairments and disabilities caused by disease, accidents or violence. The organisation also aims to ensure access for all to services in a range of sectors.
Lastly, the organisation works on capacity- building, promotes greater social participation and encourages people to exercise their rights.
The Handicap International network consists of eight national associations.
The French association, set up in 1982, was joined in its fight to help the most vulnerable people by Handicap International Belgium in 1986, followed by Switzerland in 1996, Luxembourg in 1997, Germany in 1998, the UK in 1999, Canada in 2003 and lastly the USA in 2006.
Following the creation of the Federation in 2009, Handicap International adopted a new global organization that aims to consolidate and increase its capacity to take action in aid of the most vulnerable people in more than 60 countries.
The Project Intern position is for a Road Safety project to being implemented in Kenya targeting Traffic Police in Naivasha and Thika.
The Project’s objective is to reduce the rate of accidents, injury and death associated with road transport.
The intern will be engaged for a three month period with possibility of extension subject to performance.
The following are the minimum requirements for the post.
Details of the Task
The Rappoteur’s main task is to capture workshop deliberations and draft a workshop report. The detailed tasks include:
- Taking detailed notes on the Workshop:
- Synopsis of presentations and discussions of all the sessions
- Collect presenters’ papers
- Main points raised during discussions
- Taking the main points within opening ceremony and closing ceremony speeches.
- Noting down all the recommendations made throughout the discussions during the presentations
- Report to include the main discussions and recommendations made during the proceedings.
- Utilising the notes taken, prepare a conference Report
- Draft outline report format
- Daily Rappoteur’s report
- Final Workshop report
Rappoteur’s Skills and Experience
- Experience in Rappoteur work
- Highly literate in English
- Excellent writing skills
- Able to analyze, summarize and coherently report on diverse perspectives
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight timelines
- Engaged in child protection issues
- Previous experience at international conferences is an asset
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications together with an updated curriculum vitae indicating their relevant qualifications, skills and experience as well as full current contact details of three referees on or before 15th February, 2014 to email address:-
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to provide a sample of writing work
The email subject line should be marked: “Short Term Consultancy for Workshop Rapporteur”