Guinness Breweries Jobs in Kenya: Site Environmental Manager
East African Breweries Limited (Diageo), is East Africa’s leading beverage business in terms of sales, profitability and corporate citizenship. We thrive on the development of great brands and great people. With state of the art brewery, superb distribution network and close associate companies across the region, delivery of the highest quality brands to consumers and long-term value to its investors is the ultimate goal.
External Job Title Site Environmental Manager EABL
Type of Job Full Time
External Job Description Context/Scope:
To protect brands, people and reputation Eabl processes must operate effectively and efficiently to ensure adherence to legislation, Diageo’ s policies and the Diageo Global Risk Management Standards. This is in order to satisfy Diageo’ s governance requirements.
The Environment manager will execute and maintain initiatives that deliver compliance to and improved performance against Environment legislation and Diageo’s Risk Management Policies, Strategy and Standards.
This role will work together with the Engineering/Quality role to be budget responsible for the operation and maintenance of Eabl Waste Water Treatment Plants. The Environmental manager will also be managing Environmental projects and the LTO – Environmental actions. Market Complexity
One of the objectives of this role is to align the implementation and operation of the Environmental Standards and the Diageo Global Risk Management Standards.
· The role will champion Environmental management on the Eabl site.
· The Environmental manager will be responsible for communicating and ensuring compliance to the Diageo Global Risk Management Standards (GRMS) on site.
· The Environmental manager will lead the implementation and improvement of the Environment management system required to meet Diageo’s requirements.
· Will have contact with Environment regulatory bodies and Licensing Authorities as applicable
Purpose of Role
The Environmental Manager is responsible for the delivery of the Environment agenda for the Eabl site through the use of Risk Management processes & tools and the provision of access to expert resources to minimize the impact on the environment from the activities of our business and to protect the assets of the business.
The Environmental Manager is responsible for the cost effective operation of the Waste Water Treatment Plant on site so the breweries raw wastewater is treated and discharged in accordance with all environmental and safety requirements.
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
1. Enforce the required Environmental compliance to legislation and Diageo Standards for the site.
2. Promote the awareness of Environmental management on site.
3. Manage the WWTP operation to ensure 100% compliance with effluent limits.
4. Support site implement LTO in particular reference to Environment Standards supporting the preparation/delivery of action plans to address any deficiencies.
5. Report on Eabl Environment KPIs, ensuring that challenging targets and improvement monitoring programs are in place.
6. Leading and participating in projects so that potential risk is mitigated through building appropriate controls into the design and implementation plans.
7. Monitor site activities to ensure business compliance with Statutory and Corporate Governance requirements.
8. Fulfill the role of Environmental Manager, preparing, updating and maintaining company standards and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience Required
· Minimum BSc degree in environmental science, biology, process engineering, (bio) chemistry or comparable experience
· Excellent knowledge of Diageo, risk management processes and policies
· Strong analytical, problem solving and auditing skills
· Effective engagement, communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
· Good communication skills and management influencing
· Project management skills Computer literate
· FMCG industry experience
· Able to lead or work effectively in cross-functional teams
Applications Closing Date:10th November 2010
Click on this link
search openings, select Kenya and apply