GROOTS Kenya Project Accountant Job Vacancy (Urgent) – KShs 80K
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Feb 20, 2014
Vacancy: Project Accountant (Urgent)
Project ID: TF 012019
GROOTS Kenya is currently implementing a project with financial assistance from the Government of Japan (Japanese Social Development Fund) through the World Bank.
The project is targeting rural women in two vulnerable areas of Kenya, namely Molo and Kitui.
The Project is intended to contribute to the advancement of gender equality and women’s sustainable economic in Kenya.
It is in this regard that GROOTS Kenya is seeking for the services of a Project Accountant
Reporting to the Finance, Admin and HR Manager, the recruited staff will:
- Ensure accurate and timely entries of all financial transaction into the accounting system.
- Prepare timely and accurate financial reports in compliance with the grant agreement.
- Prepare quarterly management reports and ad hoc financial reports as required by the Project Management team.
- Prepare & monitor project disbursement & ensure that all costs incurred are eligible
- Perform other grant related functions including budget and expense analysis, monthly bank reconciliations and resolve discrepancies;
- Provide ongoing financial risk analysis and recommendations of risk management strategies.
- Facilitate internal and external audit processes in relation to the project and ensure audit requirements are monitored throughout the Project.
- Update and monitor the client connection project activities and ensure all reports, data, contracts are uploaded in time
- Ensure that all procurement under this project adhere to GROOTS Kenya procurement policy and the World Bank Procurement Guidelines
- Support the project staff & provide the necessary financial leadership & guidance all through.
Candidates should have the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Bachelors’ degree preferably with a major in Finance, Accounting or Business And ministration from a recognized university.
- CPA / ACCA graduate
- Experience in using QuickBooks and Advanced Excel.
- Over 3 years practical experience in the development world undertaking grant management preferably for World Bank, USAID, European Union, DFID or other International Development Agency. Those who lack experience in donor funded project will not be shortlisted.
- Knowledge of IFRS procedures and policies strongly preferred.
- Strong Internal & presentation skills
- Ability to work with strict deadlines and deliver quality results with limited supervision
- Ability to deal with rapidly shifting priorities and work demands
- Excellent problem solving & analytic skills
- Strong track record on integrity and business conduct standards
- Fluency in written and spoken English required
This is a contract position for 2 years with a Gross Salary of KShs 80,000 per month.
Only candidates who meet the above criteria will be shortlisted and contacted.
Interested applicants should submit a detailed CV by 28Ui February, 2014 to [email protected]