GROOTS Kenya Program Officer Job Vacancy
- Organize capacity development initiatives related to women’s participation in the leadership and governance positions.
- Organize grassroots women and youths to address issues that hinder women participation in leadership.
- Develop strategies and interventions that will accelerate grassroots women participation in both local and national elective and nomination positions of leadership and decision making.
- Assist in monitoring and evaluating processes and intervention made by the organization and other partners on issues relating to women participation in leadership.
- Participate as required in meetings with GROOTS Kenya Staff and partners.
- Assist as required in the organization and administration of workshops/meetings/ field visits.
- Support in mobilizing and coordinating travel arrangements for the grassroots women and leaders to National meetings and forums required.
- Ensure timely implementation of project work/action plans
- Support in resource mobilization, expansion and growth of the Program through writing of proposals and sourcing for new grants.
- Prepare & submit program and project reports in time to donors
- Support in other activities as may be deemed necessarily and that can be accommodated within the terms of the contract.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university within the Humanities and Social Science related disciplines.
Other qualifications include:
- Strong organizing skills;
- Has demonstrated a passion to work with grassroots communities;
- Must be computer literate with strong communication skills;
- Capacity to generate and write program reports within strict deadlines;
- Capacity to write proposals and concepts for purposes of fundraising;
- A strong understanding of the laws of Kenya & the current political and social environment
- A strong understanding on women and politics in Kenya
- Willingness to travel to the field as required.
This is a contract position for 2 years (renewable).
PO Box 10320-00100,