The Green Belt Movement Project Accountant Job in Kenya
- Financial Planning
- Financial Reporting
- Financial Accounting for Business units.
- Payment approvals
- Cash flow management
- Donor Reporting
1. Financial Planning
- Preparation of the programs Budgets on an annual basis.
- Preparation of donor budgets for proposals in collaboration with the programs Team.
- Maintain budgets within the system for the business arm of GBM
- Prepare and submit donor budget for proposals to FAM within set deadlines.
- Preparation of Annual Budgets for programmes & the organization in collaboration with the FAM
- Preparation of Management Accounts in collaboration with the FAM on a monthly & Quarterly basis.
- Preparation of Management Accounts for the business arm of the organization on a Monthly & quarterly basis.
- Prepare and submit donor reports to FAM within set deadlines.
- Ensure that all income received is reported on a timely basis.
- Ensure that all cost are within the donor budget
- Follow up on donor receipts.
- Budget uploads for all new grants for 2013
- Clearance of the due to and due from accounts.
- Timely approval of payments
- Timely Review and approval of payroll
- Appraisal of Admin & Finance requests to ensure cost effectiveness
- Ensure proper calculation of payroll
- Time generation of payroll calculation and reports
- Ensuring Full recoveries are made i.e. Management of staff debtors
- Performance of accurate payroll reconciliations
- Timely remittance of statutory deductions from payroll and vendors.
- Conduct daily cash counts.
- Timely preparation and processing of all bank reconciliations.
- Up to date fixed asset register.
- Calculation of monthly depreciation charge.
- Ensure that all assets are adequately insured.
- Carry out biannual asset count.
- Preparation of Assets disposal list and forward to FAM for Board Approval on an annual basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum CPA 2 Qualification or Equivalent
- Project Accounting Experience
- Financial Accounting Experience
- Hands on experience of systems dynamics and/or quick books desirable.
- Financial Management – Ability to prepare budget documents and reports
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, or requirements
- Information/Records Administration: Ability to compile, assimilate, organize, and store printed and electronic information. Ability to review, compile and analyze information to prepare reports.
- Building Trust: Ability to create a work environment that encourages staff to practice respect, demonstrate open communication and promote accountability
- Multitasking – Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities with calm and resolve and exude confidence and assertiveness
- Communication: Ability to listen and respond appropriately to others.
- Strategic thinking: Effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex business issues
- Consulting: Able to influence people, policy and processes.
- Analytical & problem solving: Excellent problem solving abilities
- Attention to Detail: Ability to accomplish tasks and processes accurately and completely.
- Understanding the Business: Perceives the impact and implications of decisions on the value chain and on the competition.
Applications without the minimum requirements will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates with be communicated to.
GBM is an equal opportunity employer