Grants Internship Kenya NGO
Internship In Kenya. The International Rescue Committee (IRC) in Kenya serves vulnerable populations in the Turkana region and refugees in the Kakuma, Dadaab camps and in the Eastleigh, Nairobi.
The IRC implements programs in the areas of comprehensive primary health care, nutrition, protection, peace building, sanitation and hygiene and HIV/AIDS and prevention and response to gender based violence issues.
Applications are invited for the position of:
Grants Intern, Lodwar
Reporting to the Grants Coordinator, the grants intern will be part of the Program/Grants management team led by the Deputy Director of Programs.
The Grants intern will be based in Lodwar.
* Contributing to efficient grants management including proposal development, reporting and grants monitoring roles.
* Identify and work for a specific ‘Special Project’ bringing his/her core skills and motivation to the same.
* Development of concept notes, donor proposals
* Preparation of donor reports, internal IRC reports
* Perform grants management functions including, updating the Grant Tracking Sheet and the T1s
* Maintaining updated information in electronic and hard copy files, this will include agreements, proposals, reports and other relevant communication regarding the grant.
* Share information with field teams
* Review program monthly reports
* Maintain updated information related to IRC Kenya and its programs to be shared with donors, Government and IRC head quarters as necessary
* Travel to field sites, participate in activities as necessary
* Organize and coordinate events-World HIV/Aids Day, Refugee Day, Peace Day etc. commemorated by the organization.
* University Degree.
* Computer Skills- Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet.
* Ability and willingness to learn and work with teams based in Nairobi and field sites.
To apply please go to www.rescue.org/careers and search for name of the position.
Please apply on or before 12th December, 2011.
IRC is an equal opportunity employer