Google Kenya Jobs: Administrative Assistant
Administrative jobs at Google are staffed by bright, organized, energetic and dependable people driven by a common company goal: to help us accomplish great things. Working behind the scenes, we make a significant impact on the people we support as well as on Google users around the world. We’re adept at leading and managing a variety of simultaneous projects, which requires the particular talent of being able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
The role: Administrative Assistant
As an Administrative Assistant, you’ll keep your team’s business operations and activities organized and moving forward. You’re a self-starter who can recognize where processes can be improved and who will take the initiative to improve them. Using your strong communication skills, you’ll effectively collaborate with a variety of people and job functions, accomplishing tasks of moderate to high complexity and scope. You’re also able to analyze and anticipate the needs of your managers, team members, and their projects, which means you’ll acquire a thorough knowledge of Google’s products and services. When circumstances demand, you’ll provide strategic support – such as evaluating data or resolving minor operational issues – with your manager’s guidance.
Additionally, you’ll be interacting with high-level executives both inside and outside of Google, which means you have the ability to perform flawlessly and professionally in a fast-paced environment along with the grace and willingness to change direction when circumstances demand. Multiple openings are available at different levels depending on your skills and experience, but regardless of your assignment, you’ll be expected to demonstrate strong business judgment, professional etiquette, and organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Perform administrative tasks including schedule management, calendar, making travel arrangements and preparing itineraries, submitting and tracking internal requests, coordinating hiring activities and schedules, coordinating meetings and group events, prepare & track purchase orders, participating in key projects, and interfacing with high level executives both internally and externally in a professional, effective manner. Tasks include tracking department budget, maintaining spreadsheets, generating reports, and so on.
- Assist in preparation of presentations and assist with correspondence, memos, charts, tables, graphs, plans, etc.
- Partner with facilities & operations to help drive required moves that will minimize disruption.
- Act as liaison with other departments and outside agencies, including senior-level management.
- Handle highly sensitive, confidential and non-routine information.
- University Degree or equivalent with a strong academic record preferred.
- Extensive administrative experience supporting a team in a fast-paced, high-tech environment.
- Experience interacting with all levels and functions within the company – to include working with field offices, domestic and international.
- Interest and experience in using technology and the Internet to improve work efficiency.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented with the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Team player with a positive attitude and a focus on business issues.