Google Jobs in Kenya: Language Specialist Afrikaans (Temporary) – Nairobi
As Google continues to expand its reach around the world, our Localization team makes the company’s ideas and products look, feel and sound right in every country where people use our services and products. Google has been localized in more than 100 languages, our advertising and consumer products are available in 40 languages and we’re adding more content, products and languages all the time. We collaborate with international Engineering, Product and Marketing teams to steer products through the localization process and ensure successful launches across the globe. Our team consists of enthusiastic, creative and knowledgeable people who excel in a fast-paced, culturally diverse environment.
Job Role as a Language Specialist Afrikaans (Temporary) – Nairobi
As a part of Localization Team you will help to shape Google’s voice in the language you know the best.
As a Language Specialist in this fast moving environment, you will be in charge of making Google’s products accessible, useful and fun in your native country and language. Additionally, you will drive linguistic quality by working closely with Google’s translation vendors & search quality teams.
If you are an experienced Afrikaans translator with a technical, creative, marketing or localization background then this role could be perfect for you.
- Create and maintain a language style guides.
- Translate the product glossaries and edit UI, help, and marketing content.
- Review the language of existing translated material.
- Assure the linguistic quality of localized product builds
- Adapt translation training program in volunteer translators.
- Strong linguistic capabilities and understanding of how to develop terminology.
- Computing background. Proficient using word processors and spreadsheets.
- Good knowledge of where to find parallel English-Afrikaans corpora a plus.
- Experience as a translator/interpreter a plus.
- Fluent in written English and Afrikaans
For immediate consideration, please send a text (ASCII) or HTML version of your resume to [email protected]
Important: The subject field of your email must include Language Specialist Afrikaans (Temporary) – Nairobi .