Give Directly Office Assistant Job in Kisumu Kenya
Reports to: Office Manager
Opening Date: 16th January 2014
Summary: GD is a Non-Governmental Organization that provides cash transfers to poor households in Kenya.
Job Description: Helps maintain a clean, hygienic, Organized and positive office environment.
- Minimum of Form Four Certificate
- Ability to use computers- mainly office suite
- At least 6 months cleaning experience in a busy work environment
- Empathy, honesty, and the highest standards of integrity
- Strong interest in advancing the distinctive values and mission of GiveDirectly
- Time management and multitasking
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills especially English and Kiswahili
- Proactive attitude, identifying and finding ways to solve problems without guidance
- Proven ability to handle challenging work load
- Cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity;
- Clean all floors daily by sweeping and mopping
- Empty office dustbins daily and dispose of all refuse appropriately for collection
- Check bathrooms/toilets twice a day and clean accordingly.
- Dust office furniture at least weekly, taking care not to disorganise documents on desks
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors at least quarterly on a rotational basis.
- Store all cleaning equipment and products neatly in the designated cupboards
- Identify and report possible repairs.
- Conduct a weekly stock check to ensure adequate stocks of cleaning materials, hygiene supplies and kitchen items such as tea / coffee etc.
- Replenish consumable items if required
- Deliver and pick up office items or documents
- Assist Office Manager with Organization and distribution of field equipment to field teams
- Print, Photocopy, and scan office documents as needed
- Data entry of hand-written documents into word or excel
- Undertake any other reasonable duties within the overall functions of the job
Terms of Employment: Three (3) months probation followed by the possibility of a six month to one-year contract.
Closing date: If you feel you are the right candidate for this position, please send your Cover letter and CV to [email protected] with the title “Office Assistant” no later than 23rd January 2014