Geosciences Data Management Engineer Job in Nairobi Kenya
Reporting to the Senior Geologist in the affiliate and to continuously work and be in link with Geosciences Team at HQ research centre, the successful candidate’s principal accountabilities will include:
- Ensure that the geological and geophysics application databases are accurate, available, updated and maintained.
- Ensure that the geological databases are continuously updated from proprietary or internally sourced data and from local and foreign laboratories and consultants; and sources non-proprietary data from competitors for inclusion also.
- Ensure the indexing and transfer of the Seismic tape archive from various offices to the offsite tape storage facility and to manage the data flows
- Prepare formats, procedures and data for electronic data exchanges and vending with competitors and partners
- Will be considered as one of the references for the geological data in the affiliate
- Perform QC and format the data for loading into the databases and ensure proper data extractions.
- Undertake database management
- Maintain and acquire knowledge in database technologies (evolution of information sources, etc.)
- Quality control of Well data for loading to the corporate database
- Create and maintain rules, procedures and policy for data reception and exchange with partners and Assets.
- Keeps adequate records and provide lists and statistics on all well data available in the system on demand.
- Be responsible for the security of confidential documents confided to him for conversion to digital format.
- Participates in the acquisition of geological data and information as directed by the HQ/Geoinformation.
- Index and file all technical documents. Destroy obsolete documents as instructed.
- Monitor report movement and ensure users are accountable for the report in their possession.
- Scan and dispatch documents and data (logs) to head office and GSR for Feedback.
- Strictly maintain confidentiality of data.
- Degree/HND in Geosciences, Engineering and/or Computer science
- A good understanding of Web and SharePoint solutions and a good knowledge of Databases.
- Experience in running an IS helpdesk is an added advantage
- Experience in Seismic data acquisition and Geosciences Data Management, Knowledge of SISMAGE and GEOFRAME an added advantage
- Network skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills required as this job requires networking and interfacing in order to create Professional Networks
- Good geographical knowledge of the Coastal counties (Lamu, Tana & Kilifi) will be an added advantage
P.O. Box 49010 – 00100