General Manager Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Oct 28, 2013
General Manager Job in Kenya
Job Title: General Manager
Overall Objective of this Position: The General Manager is responsible for effectively managing the operations of the company so as to ensure the set performance goals are met.
The GM is expected to build market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships to ensure operating and revenue targets are met, ensuring company profitability and the attainment of product quality and service standards.
Business Development & Customer Relationship
- Develop in-depth market understanding and use this knowledge to support new product development so as to enable the company to attain an edge against competitors.
- Identify and execute potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Work closely with the business development team to ensure that the company is well positioned to compete effectively in respect to its product range, quality and service standards.
- Build and maintain strong business relationships with clients and monitor their needs and those of the market to identify growth opportunities.
Leadership & Strategic Planning
- Provide strategic leadership to company operations, working with the stakeholders and employees to deliver excellent value to clients and enable the company to maximize its revenue and market share.
- Develop a dynamic business strategy that is able to deliver sustained growth in respect to both turnover and profitability as envisioned in the strategic plan.
- In liaison with your team develop the company budget with the approval of the Board and continuously monitor discipline in adhering to the budget.
Human Resources Management
- Recruitment of requisite employees, managing the employees in compliance of the company policies ensuring productivity.
- Ensure effective and efficient management of company resources including finances, assets etc.
- Set, manage and monitor the operational budget in consultation with the Group CEO.
- Develop and implement sound procurement systems that ensure transparency and competitive procurement of quality goods.
- This will be coordinated in liaison with the Group head of procurement.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business from a recognized institution.
- MBA and Post Graduate qualification in a similar field will be an added advantage.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven good leadership skills and business growth abilities
- Proven negotiating skills
- Excellent computer skills including power point presentation.
- A minimum of 5 years in a relevant experience two of which should be in a senior position.
- A person having worked in a related field in a supply chain of hygiene and safety equipments and items will be an added advantage.
- Strong business acumen
- Customer centric
- High integrity
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, clearly detailing their current remuneration and expectations to [email protected] before end of day 28 October 2013.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted