General Manager Job in Kenya
The jobholder in liaison with the Leadership Team has the responsibility of identifying, developing and directing the implementation of the business strategy of the country.
- In conjunction with the Leadership, develop and implement the business strategy in the respective country.
- Plan and direct the organization’s activities to achieve stated/agreed targets and standards for business performance, quality and legislative compliance
- Direct functions and performance to ensure achievement of strategic objectives
- Develop and maintain organizational culture, values and reputation in interactions with all staff, customers, suppliers, partners and regulatory/official bodies
- Implement and monitor annual budget to achieve and exceed the objectives set there in while ensuring ROI and sound state of the business.
- Report to Shareholders/Board of Directors on business plans and performance.
- Engage and develop team members to ensure optimal productivity and acceptable engagement index in the team.
- Effectively represent company interests in various forums relevant to its business
- P&L and Balance Sheet responsibility
- Identify opportunities to grow profitable revenue streams and increase market share and maintain/improve profitability and liquidity of the business
- Work with the Business Development team to establish and develop relationships with key accounts to identify and secure additional profitable sales opportunities
- Continue to develop the processes and procedures of the operations to ensure the highest possible standards of customer service are maintained
- Drive the continued implementation of operational processes and procedures within the business
- Coach functional area staff on their timeliness and project time frames. Prioritizes projects and initiatives in alignment with organizational goals. Ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Conducts activities for office including hiring, discipline and evaluating performance of team and labor scheduling; identifies areas for development as well as future competencies.
- Works with sales, finance and functional area managers on an ongoing basis to forecast future workloads, resources, staff levels and needs of the department.
- Provides input from functional areas to the Senior Management team. Provides reports to the Strategic Leadership team to evaluate lessons learned of strategic initiatives. Provides feedback and input on strategic decisions.
- Resolves major customer conflicts, subcontractor and/or trade issues.
- Experience of 5 years in a Senior Leadership position in the Energy Sector, with an excellent track record.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as Branch or Country Manager in the oil and gas services industry on top of at least 10+ years hands-on experience on the same sectors
- Experience in the Oil industry will be an added advantage.
- A degree holder with a professional qualification in oil related field (Engineering, Supply Chain, Business Development or Finance). MBA qualification will be an added advantage.
- Strong Strategic Management skills
- Good communication, interpersonal, leadership and management skills
- In depth understanding of Oil Marketing and Distribution Risk
- Good understanding of profitability and cost management
- Familiarity with different types of technical oilfield equipment i.e. valves, pipes, etc.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of P&L responsibility.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing teams including engineering, administration, business development, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills, systematic, proven planning and operational execution skills
- Chief Executive Officer
- Senior Leadership
- Various Regulatory Bodies and government representatives
- Key clients
- Stakeholders in the industry