General Insurance Business Development Assistants / Officers Jobs in Nairobi, Nyeri & Mombasa, Kenya
Our Client, a leading International Insurance and financial provider in Kenya and the wider Eastern Africa region, is currently looking for a Business Development Assistant / Officer to provide intensive contact with brokers, agents and direct client with a view to tapping and servicing commercial lines business
- Tapping and servicing commercial lines business.
- Promptly providing and sending competitive quotations to prospects.
- Providing risk details for purpose of underwriting.
- Consulting on the most effective cover for a particular need, while taking a number of factors into account.
- Setting up meetings, preparing and delivering presentations to potential clients.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with intermediaries and existing customers.
- Ensuring credibility with clients by maintaining detailed knowledge of current market conditions and competitors’ products.
- Delivering good customer service by responding swiftly to queries and concerns from clients.
- Providing management with market feedback and intelligence.
- Sending out renewal instructions two months in advance.
- Maintaining a regular and accurate updated database of all prospective and closed business and submitting a monthly report to managers.
- Ensuring strict adherence to practices, procedures and policy stipulated in the business development operational manual including the Code of Ethics.
- Maintaining and updating all forms of business contacts.
- Gathering customer service feedback and reporting on intellectual and operational issues raised by clients.
- Preparing regular management reports.
- An undergraduate degree in a business or social science related field.
- At least 2 years’ experience in marketing of general solutions to corporates and organized groups.
- Good business sense.
- Appreciable understanding of the Kenya insurance market, the prevailing business environment and products by the competition.
- Good communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-motivated but able to work as part of a team.
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, self-driven and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Good negotiation skills and persuasiveness.
- Confidence presenting to large groups of people.
- Trustworthiness and discretion when handling confidential information.
- A smart appearance and professional manner.