General Electric (GE) Kenya: Sales Manager – Transmission & Distribution
General Electric (GE) Kenya is a diversified technology; media and financial services company dedicated to creating products that make life better.
Work for Fortune’s Most Admired Company and enjoy incredible growth potential with General Electric. We currently have a Sales Manager position available in GE T&D, a division of the Energy business providing high-tech Advanced solutions in Smart Grid, Automation, and Power Delivery to the utilities.
Available Job vacancy: Sales Manager – Transmission & Distribution – Kenya
Job Number: 1149541
Function: Sales – Sales Management
Business: GE Energy – Energy Services
Career Level: Experienced
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
The Area Sales Manager is responsible for the effective and profitable management of customer accounts. A key function of the Area Manager is the development of new leads and market opportunities.
- Develop sales strategies to drive orders and sales performance under Regional Sales Manager ‘s guidance
- Identify opportunities to drive volume growth in T&D Sales & Services for GE Energy Services
- Manages sales opportunities for new and existing accounts through Customer Management System (CMS)
- Work with customers to determine their CTQs and appropriate product/service solutions needs
- Outlines, presents and sells the value of our products and services that can benefit our customer needs
- Proactively influence customer product specifications using multi-tiered approach and leveraging the bigger GE
- Provide an essential link from the customer to commercial operations, marketing, engineering and product development teams
- Conducts required training of operating personnel to ensure their understanding of the parameters under which their equipment operates
- Cultivate long-term relationships at all levels of customer organizations and within GE
- Partners with peers and management to enhance selling techniques and approaches in line with both the P&L’s growth objectives and T&D’s Smart Grid initiatives
- Manage expenses within budget and meet or exceed orders and sales budget
- University degree in electronic or electrical engineering or equivalent qualifications.
- Excellent command of oral and written English skill is a must.
- Min. 4 years Sales Management experience in a related field Strong customer service-oriented and demonstrates consistently high levels of performance.
- Work efficiently without direct supervision.
- Environmental, Health and Safety mindset and compliance.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Possess unrestricted permit to work and reside in Kenya
- Previous Experience in the power industry or similar Proven ability to successfully work in a dynamic, energetic and proactive environment within a matrix organization.
- Experience with selling contracts/products with technical contents is desired.
- Previous T&D experience with East Africa electricity utilities is a preferred.