Friends Church Sabatia Eye Hospital Procurement Officer Job in Kenya
Purpose of the position: To co-ordinate the procurement of goods and services for activities of Friends Church Sabatia Eye Hospital, with the aim of enhancing the hospital’s response to customer needs, in terms of timeliness, appropriateness and effectiveness, in accordance with laid down systems, procedures and guidelines while maintaining high standards of procurement.
- Review all purchase requests forms and ensure appropriateness of technical specifications, funds availability and necessary approvals have been made
- Prepare and send out requests for quotations to prequalified vendors as purchase requests
- Prepare bids analysis and pass to the technical experts for evaluation and approval before purchase orders are raised or presented to hospital management committee
- Prepare the purchase orders and forward them for verification and approval,
- Follow up on issued purchase orders and to monitor progress on delivery and issue cancellation notices where necessary and re-issue new orders
- Assist in preparation of contracts
- Participate in supplier evaluation by monitoring their performance,
- Participation in tender committees when called upon to do so.
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies Management from a reputable institution
- Computer Literate, Strong commitment to Values, Mission and Vision of the hospital
- Have Minimum of 3 years relevant experience preferably in donor-funded projects or busy hospital set up