Ford Foundation Kenya Recruits Representative
Leadership for Social Justice Jobs In Kenya.
In its 75th year of global leadership in philanthropy, the Ford Foundation seeks a dynamic, creative and innovative leader to serve as its.
The Representative directs the Foundation’s activities in the region with a focus primarily on Kenya with some work in Uganda and Tanzania, providing overall leadership to grant-making programs, managing the office in
Nairobi and representing the Foundation to key constituencies.
Selected individuals will assess political, social, cultural and economic trends and guide the development and implementation of regional program strategy in alignment with the Foundation’s mission and overarching global approaches.
S/he promotes innovative grant-making, enhances the quality and impact of programming, and promotes a collaborative working environment that maximizes the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills of staff.
In addition, the Representative prepares and manages grant and management budgets, oversees legal matters, and manages general operations.
To advance the Foundation’s effectiveness, s/he maintains ties and promotes strategic partnerships with local leaders, government agencies, other donors, NGOs and private sector partners.
The Representative acts as part of a global management team that is forward looking, embraces innovation, and supports visionary leaders on the frontlines of social change worldwide.
* Proven record of leadership, planning, and management success;
* substantial experience and deep knowledge of the history and culture of the region;
* in-depth understanding of development and social change processes, especially in a web-connected and technology-driven world;
* an ability to translate ideas into action through viable program work;
* demonstrated people management skills, including the ability to manage complex relationships with private and public sector stakeholders;
* strong fiscal management;
* exemplary communication skills, both oral and written.
For more information and to apply: Please visit our website at:
Ford Foundation: Working with Visionaries on the Frontlines of Social Change Worldwide
An Equal Opportunity Employer.