The company is currently Kenya’s largest vegetable processor for exports of premium horticultural products destined for international markets.
Job Summary: Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for growing company sales by increasing our market share in our product segments; identifying new market opportunities in international markets and servicing existing customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulating and implementing sales and marketing strategies and activities to achieve market share, volume, value and profitable sales growth.
- Developing short term and mid-term business plans for the above.
- Identifying new customers, products and markets.
- Ensure targets are met as per the business plan.
- Developing budgets to exploit business opportunities.
- Conducting new product feasibility, test marketing and launches.
- Implementing appropriate pricing policies
- Analyzing business/market trends, product line development, changes in future demand, competition, contacts and follow up of major clients.
- Undertaking market intelligence.
- Strengthening existing business relationships and securing long term contracts.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business administration or marketing from a recognized university.
- Post graduate qualification an advantage
- Minimum 10 years experience sales and marketing in an FMCG environment.
- Experience in sales and marketing of FMCG in international markets required
- Strong communication skills and reasonable level of numeracy.
- Outgoing, patient, persistent and independent personality.
- Proactive and results oriented.
- Commercial awareness and strong customer care skills
- Capability for planning and implementing product development and creative services
- Excellent supervisory skills
- A team player
- Vast knowledge of FMCG market policies and regulations
Interested candidates to send in detailed applications to [email protected] by deadline of 8th September 2014. In your cover letter, kindly quote your current and expected salary.
Only those shortlisted will be contacted for interviews.