FMCG Job in Kenya – Vacancy in Branding
Posted: Jun 8, 2013
FMCG Brand Manager Job in Kenya
Job Title: FMCG Brand ManagerPurpose of the role:o Build local understanding
o Regular use of research findings, market data, consumer, customer and shopper opportunities.
o Champion on a continuous basis consumer understanding to secure a truly consumer-led vision and strategy.
o Understand broad consumer trends and also specific consumer issues with the brand.
o Assimilate and interpret the Brand Health Check and other Quantitative data. o Understand and use appropriately a broad range of ad hoc research tools.
o Identify opportunities for local business to drive growth
o Adjust brand plans in the light of new category understanding, competitor activity or market changes
o Brand audit: annual structure review of core data business performance, brand health and competitive context (Define Jobs to be done/measurable objectives ; Define Activity plans/Schedule)
o Establishes channel priorities and opportunities to bring the brand to life at the point of purchase
o (Promotions planning, budget setting / Interface with trade marketing)
o Managing launch/re-launch plans
o Execute launch plans using funds efficiently to achieve measurable objectives and grow the business
o (Ensure excellent execution of launch plan to drive distribution , trial, loyalty and awareness)
o Communication and activations deployment; Manage communication plan (360° activation program,
- Implement integrated above and below the line brand plans
- Manage budget
- Establish productive working relationships with local support agencies
o Leads multi functional teams to execute the national brand plan in keys channels and achieve the brand objectives weekly meetings to review and follow marketing and trade activities, define the demand
o Constantly evaluates performance of national support activities and in-store implementation against measurable objectives
- Track market trends and competitors activities/ Post evaluate Launches and promotions
- Monitors market shares, distribution and brand health attributes
- Use learning to identify solutions for future activities/ Analyse competition activities to better counter them
o Managing resources and making adjustments to deliver Annual plans and Profit targets
- Monitors and protect brand profit margins
- Controls brand expenditure vs. budget
- Makes budget adjustments in response to market events and competitor movements
Qualifications & Skills:
- Marketing/Business degree.
- 5 years of experience in a similar position in FMCG
- Team alignment/leadership
- Self motivation
- Good command in English
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, clearly detailing their current remuneration and expectations to [email protected] before end of day 15 June 2013