FlashBay East Africa Limited Job in Kenya – Fiber Splicing
Our core business is to provide fiber optic cable placement services nationwide, both long-haul, metro, FTTP and FTTH, as well as Micro Fiber and Micro Duct installation
Job Title: Fiber Splicing Technician
The Fiber Splicing Technician is a position working for the Director of Engineering and Construction to support the all splicing requirements in the company, area as well as other fiber based markets. The Fiber Splicer must have the ability to perform fiber optic splicing as well as understand engineering and splicing drawings.
- Ability to fusion or mechanical splice SM or MM fiber optic cables, to include terminate various types of fiber optic connectors (ST,SC, LC)
- Work with engineers and/or OSP PM’s to perform fusion splicing as directed.
- Installation and testing of pressurized and non-pressurized closures on all types and sizes of cable.
- Develop standards and specifications for splice drawings and prepare drawing per the specifications.
- Experience and knowledge using Fiber Optic Scope and or a Fiber OTDR.
- Installation and dressing of fiber optic cables (vertical/horizontal).
- Serve as a resource to the internal staff on matters concerning splicing practices and procedures.
- Develop splicing diagrams and designs to facilitate network architecture.
- Provide management with detailed reports of field splicing activity.
- Maintain fiber asset inventory and splicing records.
- Manage multiple projects at one time.
- Organize splicing as-builds files utilizing software packages for in-house fiber cable inventory and route designs.
- Communicate with Project Manager and Team Leader on workload status in order to meet designated goals.
- Maintain a positive attitude and strong work ethic that can provide high productivity with minimal supervision
- Must have 1+ years of splicing experience.
- Education Level: High School/Some College Preferred.
- Overnight and frequent travel as required.
- Field Of Study: Drafting, Electronics or Telecommunications.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and be detail oriented.
- Ability to interact effectively with other team members.
- Excellent skills in Outlook, Excel and MS Word.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and quickly changing work environment with strict deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently without supervision.
- A combination of education and experience is acceptable.
Working Conditions: Work is normally performed in outdoor settings. Outdoor work may be required in the inspection of buried cable, construction sites, and field facilities. Performance of the position requires working safely and may require working outdoors in all weather conditions, all noise levels, hazardous conditions, and on the full range of outdoor work surfaces.
Interested Candidates should send their detailed CV’s with Supporting Documents, together with an Application Letter Clearly stating Expected Salary to [email protected] not later than 14th June 2012.